The leading FTTH technology being deployed today is Passive Optical Network technology or (PON) in short. FTTH is widely recognized as the optimal solution for providing broadband to the community. This course is designed to provide both the knowledge base and required practical skills on how to lay, terminate, and install FTTH network components to the required level of quality and service provisioning.
- Gain knowledge in Gigabit Passive Optical Network architecture and its components
- Know the occupational safety procedures
- Know how to survey, plan and estimate the FTTH network and its components.
- Know how to calculate link budget and network losses.
- Able to lay, draw and blow fiber cables.
- Ability to splice and arrange fibers into closures
- Able to install network components, arrange and terminate fiber cables.
- Able to fix FDHs, ODFs and other related equipments.
- Be able to use FTTH/GPON test equipments.
- Will conduct and record pre ft post installation tests.
- Introduction toFTTx
- Other FTTx networks
- FTTH network
- The advantages St limitations of FTTH
Health St safety
- Personal safety
- Handling of equipments
- Electrical considerations
Installation standards and procedures
- Mechanical assembly
- Trunking, conduits and ducting techniques
- Cabling procedures
- Termination procedures
- Fibre technology
- Fibre optic cables
- Drop fibres
- Fiber optic cable laying And pulling techniques
- Splicing and termination techniques
- Joint closures and drop boxes
- Diversity and non persity networks
- Passive splitters
- Extended ODF
- Pre-wired FDH
- Surveying cable routes
- Estimating material requirements
- Fiber cables pulling, drawing and blowing
- CAT5e .CAT6 and CAT7 cables
- In ter and in tra building backbones
- RJ11, RJ45 terminations
Customer premises installation
- ONT/ONU installation
- Fixing routers and wireless routers
- Fixing IADs and POTS
- Fixing STB
Testing and recording
- Pre-testing optical network
- Power loss
- Power budgeting
- Link characterization
- Post Test
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology