- Location: Business Bay - Dubai
- Duration: 2 Weeks
- Timings: Part Time, Flexible
Course detailsCourse Outline:
This course will introduce you to the role of a fashion buyer and merchandiser in the competitive industry today. It will take you through the key responsibilities at the stake of this role and will guide you on the best practice methods. It will be split into theory and practical sessions aimed at learning the methods and then using them to experience real industry practice.
• Fashion Retail Industry Structure
• Seasons and Buying Calendar
• Key Responsibilities of Buyers/Merchandisers
• Market Research and Competitors
• Customer Profiling
• Sales Analysis and Sell Through
• Trend Forecasts
• Range Planning and Product Development
• Buying Strategies and Techniques
• OTB (Open to Buy)
• Stock Management
• Pricing and Negotiations
• Career Opportunities and Advice Updated on 17 July, 2019
Eligibility / Requirements
No prior experience required to take this course
About Modus Academy
Modus Academy is a Dubai based fashion and lifestyle boutique academy , that believes expertise and knowledge are acquired through hands-on practical learning and not just theory. Modus Academy provides innovative and interactive workshops with the aim of giving students an opportunity to experience and explore their passion. Our coaches, who are distinguished professionals with years of experience in their respective fields, are able to pass on their expertise to prepare students to become industry front-runners, enabling them to pertain their learning in the realities of the marketplace.
Modus Academy offers a wide range of workshops in Dubai, from managing a fashion business to perfecting lifestyle routines. Suitable for students, career shifters, luxury lifestyle enthusiasts, business owners and entrepreneurs.