Workplace fires are estimated to cost industry over 1 billion each year - and in extreme cases, some companies are unable to resume business because the fire damage is so extensive. Sadly not all fires can be prevented, therefore as part of the fire warden training; attendees will be taught how to deal with a fire once it's begun, including when to call the fire service, evacuation procedures and keeping records. This training will be conducted using a controlled fire and with professionals on site.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of their responsibilities, duties and role as a Fire Warden.
- Be able to recognize habitual human behaviour in a fire situation.
- Know the typical role of a fire warden in relation to workplace fire safety.
- Be aware of how to prevent fire or limit its impact.
- Recognize the need for fire drills and pre-planning for fire.
- Recognize active and passive fire safety features and facilities.
- Be able to identify and use a range of portable fire extinguishers
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who have been designated as fire warden and have specific duties towards fire prevention and evacuation.
- What is an Emergency?
- Why do we need fire procedures?
- Why do we need Fire Wardens?
- Basic Duties of a Fire Warden
- Fire Safety
- Elements of Fire
- Classification of Fire
- Golden Rules for Preventing fire
- Actions in the case of Alarm/Fire
- Identifying Fire Hazards
- Identifying the People At Risk
- Additional Fire Warden Responsibilities
- Inspections and Evacuations
- Understanding and using Fire Extinguishers-PASS Technique
Course Prerequisite (s)
- Training is in English but translation into other languages may be available on request. Organisations are requested to provide information on their procedures to ensure that the training is aligned to their expectations and procedures.
Regulatory / Mandatory Course
- Regulatory Course
Accreditations / Certifications
- GCAS Certificate of Attendance
About Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies(GCAS)
their team at the Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies (GCAS) offer employers and employees of the aviation industry the very finest in international standard training.
Based at Al Bateen Executive Airport in the UAE capital of Abu Dhabi, they at GCAS are equipped with outstanding facilities, a pool of international knowledge and the highest of accreditations.See all Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies(GCAS) courses