Those without a financial background commonly misunderstand the reality of financial reports and they tend to assume that they are statements of unquestionable fact. Instead, financial reports are very often subjective in nature, in that they allow latitude to those who prepare them.
It has been said that one must measure what they expect to manage and accomplish. Without measurement, one has no reference to work with and thus tends to operate in the dark.
One way of establishing references and managing the financial affairs of an organization is to use ratios. Ratios are simply relationships between two financial balances or financial calculations.
These relationships establish our references so we can understand how well we are performing financially. Ratios also extend our traditional way of measuring financial performance; i.e. relying on financial statements.
By applying ratios to a set of financial statements, we can better understand financial performance.
In any business environment, a manager has to take decisions and these decisions are mostly based on the financial implications to the business. Hence, it is of utmost importance for managers to understand the concepts of business finance and get to know how to read financial statements, analyze and interpret these statements, perform analysis and know valuation metrics. This course is designed to equip managers with just the right finance skills.
- Measure, record, classify business transactions and the impact of the on financial statements
- Read, understand and analyze the financial statements and interpret them for the overall evaluation of a business organization
- Understand the concepts of capital budgeting and apply the same for project evaluation of projects
- Understand the concept of Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis and apply the Break-Even Technique to business situations
- General budgetary control and preparing various functional budgets
- Read, analyze and interpret Financial Statements
- Ratio analysis and other techniques
- Evaluate the business organizations based on financial statements
- Project evaluation and capital budgeting: Pay-back technique, NPV and IRR techniques
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis - break even technique
- Budgetary control and preparing various functional budgets
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology
Finance Related Questions
I am fresh graduate holding Bachelor in finance, what kind of courses are good for me to get a go...
Unanswered //Aug 2, 2017 Finance, Accounting, Finance and Banking