- Fees / Price TBC
- Duration 35 Hours
- Timings 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Locations Nad Al Sheba, SitesPower Training Institute,Sharjah
Center Benefits - Microsoft Courses :
• Microsoft Gold Partner for Learning Solutions
• Microsoft Official Curriculum
• Microsoft Certified Trainers
• Certificate of Attendance from Microsoft
• Computer Labs: 1 PC for each student
• UAE Ministry of Education Accredited Institute
• Certificate of Achievement (Ministry Attestation fees apply)
• Corporate Venue: Onsite or at SitesPower
• Microsoft Exam Pass Guarantee
The goal of this course is to teach developers techniques for exchanging and transforming data by using the Extensible Markup Language (XML) and Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT). The course describes best practices for XML and XSLT and gives compelling examples of the best ways to solve real-world problems.
This course is intended for Web developers who have used XML to create simple Web applications, and need to know how to exploit the full potential of XML and XSLT.
The course is also intended for Microsoft Visual Basic developers who have some exposure to XML, and need more detailed information about XML in order to build and integrate systems by using XML and XSLT.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to define XML Path Language (XPath) expressions to locate and filter the content of an XML document; define XSLT style sheets to transform XML documents at the Web browser and Web server; create and change XML structure by using XSLT; use XSLT to merge different XML documents and generate cross-references between them; and create a Visual Basic application that uses the Simple API for XML (SAX) to access large XML documents.
• A moderate degree of Web development experience using HTML and XML.
• Some prior experience using COM objects, Active Server Pages (ASP pages), and either Visual Basic or Microsoft Visual C++.
• Taking one or more of the following courses will help the students meet the prerequisites and get more out of the course: Course 1905, Building XML-Based Web Applications
• Course 1013, Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Development
• Course 1017, Mastering Web Application Development Using Microsoft Visual InterDev 6
Microsoft Certification exams
• There is no Microsoft Certified Professional exam associated with this course.
The student kit includes a comprehensive workbook and other necessary materials for this class. This includes a student CD with supporting files for: Labs, Practices, Demonstrations
Students will be provided with the following software for use in the classroom:
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
• Microsoft Internet Information Server
• Microsoft Windows 2000, Service Pack 1
• Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Standard Edition
• Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0, Enterprise Edition
• Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
• Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0, Service Pack 4
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5
• Microsoft XML Parser 3.0
• Internet Explorer Tools for Validating XML and Viewing XSLT Output
- Module 1: Overview of XML and XSLT
- Module 2: Selecting and Navigating Nodes Using XPath
- Module 3: Introducing XSLT
- Module 4: Refining and Combining Style Sheets
- Module 5: Programming with XSLT
- Module 6: Defining XML Grammar and Data Types
- Module 7: Creating and Changing XML Structure with XSLT
- Module 8: Cross-Referencing Documents Using XSLT
- Module 9: Manipulating XML Documents Using SAX
- Module 10: Putting It All Together
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses
IT / Technology Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 15, 2017 Accounting, IT, Computing and Technology