Course detailsChallenge of Egypt .. Still a large percentage of Projects fail to realize the required results. Some reports suggest between 70 – 80%, some put it alarmingly higher! All this despite the enormous investment in Project Management training such as PMI or Prince2. This is generally not because of the lack of education or theory, but lack of understanding of how to translate theory into practice, or the lack of the right behaviors within the project team.
Why do projects continually fail? What are some of the key reasons? Our global surveys reveal top issues being: ‘the sponsor role in governing the project’, ‘end-user engagement and involvement’, ‘poor requirements specification and planning’, ‘poor project management discipline, roles and management of scope changes’, ‘lack of project leadership and soft skills’.
An additional strain is put on Project management by the drive towards ‘Agile’ practices, giving rise to Agile Project management and Prince 2 Agile.
This business simulation can be used to help address the common failures mentioned above, or it can be used to teach people more about Agile project management disciplines.
- How to translate Project Management theory into practise.
Setting up a project organisation with the associated roles, tasks and responsibilities.
- Analyzing the project risks and agreeing countermeasures.
- Carrying out work packages in the role of team leader and monitoring progress.
- Monitoring the tolerances (budget, time, scope and quality) of a project or sub project.
- Resolving project issues.
- Managing the project in the role of project manager.
- Dealing with changes within the project.
- Dealing with the project board.
- Evaluating a project.
- Insight in the knowledge, skills and behavior to manage successful projects.
For more info :- Updated on 12 February, 2019
Eligibility / Requirements
- An additional strain is put on Project management by the drive towards ‘Agile’ practices, giving rise to Agile Project management and Prince2 Agile.
- This business simulation can be used to help address the common failures mentioned above, or it can be used to teach people more about Agile project management disciplines.
About Polaris Human Development
POLARIS for Human Development is an independent company established to provide high quality training to individuals and organizations of all sizes within the private and public sector. Through our expert trainers, we provide our customers tools and techniques they need to become more effective. Our human development services involve the identification and cross-fertilization of best practices, analytical techniques, change management and skills, technology implementations, strategy development, and operational improvement.See all Polaris Human Development courses
General Management Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.