- Fees / Price MYR 14,500
- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This programme focuses on the operations and management of financial institutions and intermediaries in particular their response to global business trends and contemporary issues that impact the financial services industry.
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- 5 credits in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language* and Pass in Bahasa Malaysia
- 5 grade C in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language
- 3 grade B in the relevant subjects which must include one Mathematics subject and English Language
- Relevant TARC/ TAR UC Certificate or similar Certificate accredited by MQA.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Quantitative Studies
- Introduction to Organisation & Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Information Technology & Systems
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Mathematics for Economics
- Principles of Investment
- Investment & Financial Analysis
- Financial Accounting
- Economic Statistics
- Basic Taxation
- Money & Capital Markets
- Foreign Exchange, Derivatives and continuity market
- Islamic Finance
- Investment Industry Law
- Insurance Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Financial Economics
- Ethics for Business
- English Language, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette.
Exemptions awarded by professional bodies:
- Financial Planning Association of Malaysia (FPAM)
- Malaysian Financial Planning Council (MFPC)
Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Finance & Investment) can proceed to Year 2 of the TAR UC Bachelor of Finance and Investment (Hons.) programme on credit transfer.
Graduates of this programme can also apply for admission into relevant bachelor degree programmes at TAR UC or other universities on credit transfer.
- Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Finance & Investment) can secure employment in financial institutions and intermediaries in the area of fund management, wealth management, treasury management, financial analysis, foreign exchange and derivatives at the sub-professional level.
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses