Advertising is a form of communication used to encourage or persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to take new action. The advertising & media landscape is very attractive and is probably one of the most sought after career options for prospective students. Global advertising expenditure is estimated at US$ 520 billion.
Advertising mediums include various traditional media; such as newspaper, magazines, television commercial, radio advertisement, outdoor advertising, direct mail; or new media such as digital, online, in film, mobile, instore, and celebrity branding. Google, Emirates, Samsung, Facebook, Coca Cola, Microsoft, and concepts such as The Oscars, Burj Khalifa, etc have all become household names across the world. Advertising & Media agencies are spread across the world and include names such as O&M, Leo Burnett, LOWE, Bates, Saatchi and Saatchi, Dentsu, OMD, Mediaedge, JWT etc.
The One Year Part Time Course at EMDI trains students in the following 4 broad areas:
- The Marketing & Research of the advertising business (The brief, Clients, Research, Consumers, Buyer Behaviour, Client Servicing)
- The Branding of the Advertising Business (Brand Building, Brand Strategy, Brand Value, Brand Audit)
- The Creative side of the advertising business (Ideation, Creative, Copywriting, Graphic Design, Logo /Colour/ Font)
- The Media side of the advertising business (Media Planning, Media Buying, Print, TV, Radio, Online, Newspaper)
- The Integrated Side of the advertising business (Direct, Loyalty, CRM, IMC Campaigns, Budgeting, Planning, PR, etc)
There is a huge potential for employment and entrepreneurship- where freelance professionals are often sought after for their services.
All our courses are certified by Pearsons, UK. EMDI is a Member of ISES-ME (International Special Events Society - Middle East)
About EMDI Institute of Media & Communications
Why choose EMDI?
- EMDI is an international training institute established in Dubai since 2004. It has trained over 1000 professionals in Dubai alone and over 5000 in India and Africa.
- EMDI courses are accredited and recognized by City & Guilds, London. City and Guilds is UK's largest vocational accreditation board. A stamp of quality.
- Every lecture at EMDI is taught by Industry professionals - which means you learn from advertising professionals who share their experiences. No boring faculty, just actual experiences are shared daily with students.
- All our students are sent to work on live projects. Which means you as an EMDI student can work with some of the UAE's best media and advertising agencies.
- The course is structured so that working professionals and students can both attend - lectures conducted in the evenings
- Great placement and internship record - just check out our Facebook.com/emdi.uae for more details. Excellent way to network in the advertising and media environment.
- Learn from the Industry, Work with the Industry, Placed in the Industry.
Advertising Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.