The Two-Year Diploma program in Accounting is designed to provide students with both the conceptual and technical skills needed by the potential employers of accounting diploma graduates. In this two-year Accounting Diploma program, students will study financial, managerial and cost accounting, as well as business, economics, statistics and a variety of other skills necessary to work in business today. In addition to catering for the needs of entry level jobs in the market, the ECT Accounting Diploma Courses may also be articulated into a Bachelor Program in Accounting being offered in four-year colleges in the country and abroad.
All graduates of ECT Two-Year Accounting Program will have the ability to:
- Recognize basic accounting concepts.
- Identify key issues in different areas of accounting.
- Use mathematical techniques in accounting practice.
- Employ various tools of accounting practice.
- Use information technology in accounting practice.
- Solve basic level accounting problems.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Evaluate accuracy of accounting system.
- Perform both as team members and team leaders.
- All applicants for ECT's programs must achieve a recognized and official secondary school certificate, or its equivalent, showing successful completion of secondary education.
- Throughout your Diploma Programs you will receive career guidance from our expert staff and Students Affairs Dept.
- You will gain valuable new skills which prepare you for work, graduate entry into management training programs, or further study.
Professional occupations for which graduates are prepared in the program:
- Accounting Clerk
- Junior Accountant
- Managerial Accountant Assistant
- Book Keeper
- Auditor Assistant
- Bank Teller
About Emirates College of Technology
Located at the heart of the rapidly evolving Abu Dhabi city, the Emirates College of Technology was established in 1993 following recognition by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education. Established to keep up with the technical and business developments of contemporary life, today, Emirates College of Technology has established itself as one of the oldest and most prestigious institutions in the region.
In addition to offering Diploma programs in a wide array of specialties. The Institute is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, United Arab Emirates. Emirates College of Technology takes pride in its faculty who come from 16 different countries across the globe and is recognized for significant contributions to the development of knowledge, professional service, teaching, and mentoring. Giving due respect to the culture of the region, classes are held across three campuses, separate for Males and Females.
At Emirates College of Technology, we know that a student’s involvement outside the classroom is an essential part of the college experience. Our students enjoy a vibrant campus community, where they build life-long friendships and indulge in various social, cultural and sporting events that help them develop into professionals with well-rounded personalities.
From another perspective, the offered programs and future ones provide a good chance to students who would prefer studying in the country than to go abroad. Emirates College of Technology has also made it possible for its graduates to continue their higher studies in Bachelor programs in the college or at local, Arab and Western Universities; in Canada, USA and other countries as well. With a high quality curriculum, outstanding faculty and top-notch infrastructure and facilities, we welcome students to dream, to share their unique gifts and talents, and to take pride in knowing they are part of a rich tradition.See all Emirates College of Technology courses