By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the key steps in the planning process.
- Devise, implement and evaluate a successful business plan.
- Develop key indicators to track progress.
- Manage the budgetary aspects of the plan.
- Decide how and when to review and revise the business plan.
The Planning Process:
- The key elements of the planning process.
- Who should be involved in planning.
- The role and expectations of stakeholders.
- Strategic appraisals.
- The time dimension and the dynamics of planning.
- Gap analysis - measuring the strategic need.
- Developing future strategies.
- Planning activities, projects and identifying priorities.
- Resource needs to implement the strategy.
Financial Plans and Budgets:
- Presenting the financial data .
- The role of budgets and targets.
- Sensitivity analysis.
- Understanding the risks inherent in your plans.
Communicating and Implementing the Plan:
- Formats for successful communication.
- The various audiences for the plan - understanding their needs .
- Unit and department plans - what should you include?
- Responsibilities and personal objectives for implementation.
Reviewing and Revising the Plan:
- Monitoring implementation and progress.
- When and how to revise the plan.
- Developing your skills and competencies in business planning.
- Personal action plan.
About Leadership & Management Developmenet Center
To become a leading institution in providing a package of value added services; all bundled together for the purpose of achieving organizational excellence and maximizing human assets outputs.See all Leadership & Management Developmenet Center courses