The goal of this course is to build the decisiveness and problem-solving competency through knowledge and tools to enhance timely decision-making and problem-solving skills.
In this course, we help you define the difference between decision-making and problem-solving, and we challenge you to explore the interdependencies between them. You will consider different perspectives in defining the components of a good decision, and you will be introduced to a three-step decision-making model to understand how it helps to improve effectiveness. Finally, you will be introduced to a problem-solving model and its supporting techniques, while applying them in a work-related context.
Who is this Course for?
Anyone interested in improving the effectiveness or their decisions and solutions
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
- Understand the leadership competencies associated with a results-driven approach
- Describe decisiveness and define the characteristics of a decisive leader
- Describe the impact of indecision
- Define key drivers behind decision-making and a commitment
- Recognize the major root causes for indecisiveness
- Identify three possible next steps
Decision Making Model
- Define appropriate decision making approaches, and distinguish which are best suited to different situations
- Describe how to translate requirements into an action plan
- Analyze the characteristics of acting on commitment
- Define the problem solving approaches
- Define the problem
- Analyze and calculate the problem's impact
- Define the balance between analyzing a problem and resolving a problem
- Identify and prioritize potential root causes
- Solve the problem and effectively transition the solution to the target audience
- What did we learn, and how can we implement this in our work environments?
About International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL)
With a wholly-owned network of operating companies all over the world and clients in more than 150 countries, IIL is a global leader in training and certification, coaching and mentoring, consulting and customized course development. Our core competencies include: Project, Program and Portfolio Management; Business Analysis; Lean Six Sigma and Process Excellence; Agile; ITIL ; Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
Using our proprietary Many Methods of Learning™, IIL delivers innovative, effective and consistent training solutions through a variety of learning approaches: Virtual, Traditional Classroom, On-Demand, Mobile, Video and Simulation. As a PMI Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.); a member of PMI's Global Executive Council; an APMG Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for PRINCE2 , ITIL , and others; a Microsoft Partner (with a Microsoft Gold Project and Portfolio Management competency); and an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider (EEP™), IIL is the training solution partner of choice for many top global companies.See all International Institute for Learning, Inc courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.