- Duration: 2 Days
- Timings: Flexible
The goal of this course is to build the decisiveness and problem-solving competency through knowledge and tools to enhance timely decision-making and problem-solving skills.
In this course, we help you define the difference between decision-making and problem-solving, and we challenge you to explore the interdependencies between them. You will consider different perspectives in defining the components of a good decision, and you will be introduced to a three-step decision-making model to understand how it helps to improve effectiveness. Finally, you will be introduced to a problem-solving model and its supporting techniques, while applying them in a work-related context.
Who is this Course for?
Anyone interested in improving the effectiveness or their decisions and solutions
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
- Understand the leadership competencies associated with a results-driven approach
- Describe decisiveness and define the characteristics of a decisive leader
- Describe the impact of indecision
- Define key drivers behind decision-making and a commitment
- Recognize the major root causes for indecisiveness
- Identify three possible next steps
Decision Making Model
- Define appropriate decision making approaches, and distinguish which are best suited to different situations
- Describe how to translate requirements into an action plan
- Analyze the characteristics of acting on commitment
- Define the problem solving approaches
- Define the problem
- Analyze and calculate the problem's impact
- Define the balance between analyzing a problem and resolving a problem
- Identify and prioritize potential root causes
- Solve the problem and effectively transition the solution to the target audience
- What did we learn, and how can we implement this in our work environments?
About International Institute for Learning, Inc
About International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL)
With a wholly-owned network of operating companies all over the world and clients in more than 150 countries, IIL is a global leader in training and certification, coaching and mentoring, consulting and customized course development. Our core competencies include: Project, Program and Portfolio Management; Business Analysis; Lean Six Sigma and Process Excellence; Agile; ITIL ; Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
Using our proprietary Many Methods of Learning™, IIL delivers innovative, effective and consistent training solutions through a variety of learning approaches: Virtual, Traditional Classroom, On-Demand, Mobile, Video and Simulation. As a PMI Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.); a member of PMI's Global Executive Council; an APMG Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for PRINCE2 , ITIL , and others; a Microsoft Partner (with a Microsoft Gold Project and Portfolio Management competency); and an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider (EEP™), IIL is the training solution partner of choice for many top global companies.See all International Institute for Learning, Inc courses
Management, Leadership and Business Related Questions
- Change Management Oxford Home Study College
AED 1,800Duration: 200 Hours
- Diploma in Management Skills Skill-Up
AED 408Duration: Upto 10 Hours
- Foundation Diploma - BTEC Level 3 Cromwell UK International Education LLCDuration: 1 Year Live virtual classroom