- Locations: Dubai
- Duration: 1 Day
- Call: +971 4 2753240
One very important skill for managers and supervisors is the skill of counselling. Staff performance and motivation can be affected by many factors, both inside and outside the workplace. Everyone agrees that highly motivated people perform far better than demotivated people. Understanding the different factors that can affect peak performance is a vital skill for today's manager. Yet, here in the Gulf, many managers are unaware of how to conduct a counselling session with staff, whose performance has dipped, or dropped off. Factors such as illness, bereavement, personal problems, a clash of personalities, interpersonal conflict within departments or teams, etc., can all play a role in affecting performance. The skill of counselling is to deal with such issues and be able to return staff to the 'high performance road'. It is increasingly important in today's highly competitive workplace to be able to achieve this. During the programme, delegates will understand and practise the key stages and skills of counselling, and return to work with an important new management tool that will help them in their day-to-day management.
- To be able to identify when counselling needs to take place
- To understand the procedure to follow in the case of counselling situations
- To be able to confidently carry out a counselling interview
- To understand the key skills needed to counsel effectively.
- Coaching, Mentoring, Counselling: What's The Difference?
- When To Use Counselling
- The Benefits Of Counselling
- The Skills & Qualities Of An Effective Counsellor
- The Aim Of A Counselling Interview
- The Key Aspects Of Counselling
- What Should You Do When A Staff Member Is Under-Performing?
- The Counselling Process Using The Spearhead *'TRUST' Model
- The Counselling Interview
- Understanding & Using The *'TRUST' Model
- Review & Follow-Up
- Essential Ingredients For Successful Counselling
- Giving Feedback
- Dealing With Difficulties In Counselling
- Being A Powerful Communicator
- Effective Questioning Techniques
- Transfer Of Learning Into The Workplace
Benefits of this Course:
- A clear understanding of when to use a counselling session
- The techniques for conducting productive counselling sessions
- The necessary skills to conduct effective counselling to get employees back to the required performance level
About Spearhead Training
Spearhead Gulf's first regional Middle East office opened in Dubai at the end of 1997. Since then the company has established a strong reputation for delivering training of the highest quality, comparable to, and (because of local market knowledge and local case studies) often exceeding, that found anywhere in Europe, the U.S.A., and the rest of the world.
In January 2001, as part of its expansion programme, the company opened an office in Abu Dhabi. This office has expanded rapidly and become the training provider of choice for a number of companies in the U.A.E. capital.
In September 2001, the company entered the Qatari market and has expanded its operations there year by year, with many leading Qatari companies using Spearhead's services. In 2007 the company opened a larger office in Qatar, and now offers public courses in Doha.
In June 2002 the company opened an Arabic section, to deliver courses to the Arabic speaking market. The courses are both translated versions of our existing programmes, and specially designed courses available only in Arabic.
Spearhead has the capability to deliver courses in English, in English with Arabic facilitation, and in Arabic.
Counselling Related Questions
I am a nurse interested in becoming a student counselor. Which course do you recommend and would ...
Unanswered //Jun 3, 2016 Counselling, Psychology and Social work