- Locations: Salwa Road South, Doha, Qatar
- Duration: 2 Days
The course is designed for Onshore and Offshore personnel with the responsibilities of working in and around confined spaces as part of routine operations. This course will cover horizontal and vertical entry using breathing apparatus, the use of a tripod winch and recovery block for the retrieval of a casualty.
There are no prerequisites for this training.
Course Learning Outcomes
During the training the delegates will cover the following elements:
- Current legislation
- Risk assessment
- Hazard identification
- Managing risk
- Principles of ventilation
- PPE requirements
- Team roles
- Emergency arrangements
- Medical considerations
- Escape breathing apparatus sets
- Horizontal non-complex entry
- Moving in a confined space
- Self rescue
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Harness fitting and pre-use check
- Tripod, winch and recovery block
- Vertical access & gress, complex entry
- Moving in a confined space with SCBA
- Recovery of a casualty
Elements 11 through to 20 will be performed practically.
Each delegate will be issued with a Qatar International Safety Centre Certificate.