- Duration / Course length: 40 Hours
- Timings: Enquire
Course detailsCompTIA® Security+® is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, and traffic and your organization as a whole including the physical security elements and operational security measures. It is also the main course you will take to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination. In this course, you will build on your knowledge and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network. This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related professional role.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Identify security threats.
• Harden internal systems and services.
• Harden internetwork devices and services.
• Secure network communications.
• Manage a PKI.
• Manage certificates.
• Enforce an organizational security policy.
• Monitor the security infrastructure.
PREREQUISITES Students should have CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge / experience.
Lesson 1: Security Fundamentals
• The Information Security Cycle
• Information Security Controls
• Authentication Methods
• Cryptography Fundamentals
• Security Policy Fundamentals
Lesson 2: Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Social Engineering
• Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Network-Based Threats
• Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Software-Based Threats
Lesson 3: Network Security
• Network Devices and Technologies
• Network Design Elements and Components
• Implement Networking Protocols
• Apply Network Security Administration Principles
• Secure Wireless Traffic
Lesson 4: Managing Application, Data, and Host Security
• Establish Device/Host Security
• Application Security
• Data Security
• Mobile Security
Lesson 5: Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
• Access Control and Authentication Services
• Implement Account Management Security Controls
Lesson 6: Managing Certificates
• Install a CA Hierarchy
• Enroll Certificates
• Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
• Renew Certificates
• Revoke Certificates
• Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
Lesson 7: Compliance and Operational Security
• Physical Security
• Legal Compliance
• Security Awareness and Training
Lesson 8: Risk Management
• Risk Analysis
• Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
• Scan for Vulnerabilities
• Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
Lesson 9: Managing Security Incidents
• Respond to Security Incidents
• Recover from a Security Incident
Lesson 10: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
• Business Continuity
• Plan for Disaster Recovery
• Execute DRPs and Procedures
• Appendix A: CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-401) Objectives Mapping
Eligibility / Requirements
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS® X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Job titles this course is suitable for
Job roles this course is suitable for:Head of Information Security , Chief IT Solution Lead , Asst Product Manager/Executive (IT Hardware Sales)
About Khawarizmi Training Solutions
Established in 1985, the Continuing Education Center (CEC) at Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC), now known as Khawarizmi Training Solutions (KTS) is a leading provider of training and professional development programs for individuals and corporate groups in the U.A.E. Continuing Education Center (CEC) at KIC offers a wide range of courses in the fields of IT, Business, and English. It is licensed by the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET). Through challenging training courses, KTS Center contributes to the advancement and transformation of the UAE into a more skilled, diverse, and knowledge-based community. In turn, this raises the standards and the quality of life of our students and improves our community. Both individuals and industry professionals benefit from the high standards and good reputation of the KTS.See all Khawarizmi Training Solutions courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.