CompTIA® Security+® is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, and traffic and your organization as a whole including the physical security elements and operational security measures. It is also the main course you will take to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination. In this course, you will build on your knowledge and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network. This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related professional role.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Identify security threats.
• Harden internal systems and services.
• Harden internetwork devices and services.
• Secure network communications.
• Manage a PKI.
• Manage certificates.
• Enforce an organizational security policy.
• Monitor the security infrastructure.
PREREQUISITES Students should have CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge / experience.
Lesson 1: Security Fundamentals
• The Information Security Cycle
• Information Security Controls
• Authentication Methods
• Cryptography Fundamentals
• Security Policy Fundamentals
Lesson 2: Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Social Engineering
• Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Network-Based Threats
• Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
• Software-Based Threats
Lesson 3: Network Security
• Network Devices and Technologies
• Network Design Elements and Components
• Implement Networking Protocols
• Apply Network Security Administration Principles
• Secure Wireless Traffic
Lesson 4: Managing Application, Data, and Host Security
• Establish Device/Host Security
• Application Security
• Data Security
• Mobile Security
Lesson 5: Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
• Access Control and Authentication Services
• Implement Account Management Security Controls
Lesson 6: Managing Certificates
• Install a CA Hierarchy
• Enroll Certificates
• Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
• Renew Certificates
• Revoke Certificates
• Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
Lesson 7: Compliance and Operational Security
• Physical Security
• Legal Compliance
• Security Awareness and Training
Lesson 8: Risk Management
• Risk Analysis
• Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
• Scan for Vulnerabilities
• Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
Lesson 9: Managing Security Incidents
• Respond to Security Incidents
• Recover from a Security Incident
Lesson 10: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
• Business Continuity
• Plan for Disaster Recovery
• Execute DRPs and Procedures
• Appendix A: CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-401) Objectives Mapping
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS® X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Job titles this course is suitable for
نبذة عن معهد Khawarizmi Training Solutions
The Continuing Education Center (CEC) at Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC) has been established since 1985 as a leading provider of training and development services for individuals and corporate groups in the UAE. The Continuing Education Center at KIC offers a wide range of courses in the fields of IT, Business and English Language. The training center has obtained partnerships with some of the most recognized training and testing organizations globally, such as Microsoft, Comptia, Adobe, Pearson Vue, Association of Business Practitioners (ABP), Project Management Institute (PMI), and King’s English School, which is currently running a branch at KIC.
Over the years, we have managed to build one of the strongest training methodologies in the region, which focuses on developing trainees on an individual basis, and making sure trainees are able to apply the knowledge they learn in their professional lives. To achieve this, some of the most qualified instructors globally have joined us, and today they play an integral role in providing our trainees with one-on-one attention.عرض الجميع دورات Khawarizmi Training Solutions
استفسر عن هذه الدورة
يمكنك إضافة المزيد من الدورات التدريبية هنا.
سيتم حفظ القائمة.