The CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is the advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive business performance. Achieving the CMA credential demonstrates your mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support, as well as professional ethics.
What will I learn?
- External financial reporting decisions
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Performance management
- Cost management
- Internal controls
- Corporate finance
- Decision analysis
- Risk management
- Investment decisions
- Professional ethics
- Staff Accountants and Cost Accountants
- Senior Accountants and Budget Analysts
- Financial Analysts and Finance Managers
- Vice Presidents (VP)
- Chief Executive Officers (CEO)
- Chief Financial Officers (CFO)
How will I benefit from taking this course?
CMAs have promising job prospects. The outlook forecasts an 18% increase in demand between 2006 and 2016, which is significant in these challenging times. Increasingly complex corporate tax laws mean employers will have to seek accountants with the solid knowledge in corporate accounting that the CMA provides. Being a CMA also means you are part of a network of international elites through the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) that connects over 30,000 CMAs.
Today CMAs can look forward to:
- Job opportunities
- Great pay and benefits (CMAs earn on average $30,000 more per year than non-certified accountants)
- Career advancement
- A bright future
- Membership in a professional network
How will I be assessed?
The CMA exam consists of 2 parts, each of which is a 4 hour examination. The exams consist of 100 MCQ's and 2 essay style questions. The exams can be taken in January/February, May/June and September/October. The minimum passing score is 360 out of 500 for each part.
- Active membership in the Institute of Management Accountants
- Pay the CMA Entrance Fee
- Satisfy the Education Qualification - Bachelor's Degree in relevant field from an accredited University
- Satisfy the Experience Qualification - 24 month in relevant field
- Complete all required examination parts
- Comply with the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice
About PwC's Academy
About the Institution
The Institute of Management Accountants is dedicated to excellence within the management accounting profession. The Certified Management Accountant (CMA ) designation was developed in 1972 to provide an objective measure of an individual's knowledge and competence in the field of management accounting. Only the CMA program recognizes the unique proficiencies required for success in this challenging profession.See all PwC's Academy courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.