Institue of Management Accountants (IMA)
The Institute of Management Accountant (IMA), serving individuals and corporations for nearly a century, is the world's leading professional organization dedicated to the advancement of accounting, finance, and information management.
IMA stays in the lead by keeping its members abreast of new industry insights, in touch with their peers and on target with the latest education and certification opportunities.
With chapters around the world, the IMA provides members with personal and professional development opportunities through the globally recognized and highly coveted Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
The CMA is the advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive business performance. Achieving the CMA credential demonstrates your mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support, as well as professional ethics.
The CMA credential is:
- Focused - On the critical skills you use in business
- Respected - Leading employers seek to hire and promote CMAs
- Valued - CMAs earn higher compensation than noncertified professionals.
- Convenient - CMA exams are offered electronically in hundreds of locations worldwide.
- It offers convenient exam and flexible study options with three exam windows each year.
- You can schedule exams at a time and place convenient to you.
Who should attend?
The CMA is tailor-made for finance professionals at all levels, whether you want to enhance your value to your current organization or expand your career potential.
There are two parts to the CMA exam, consisting of four hours each, which can be taken in any order.
The exam is structured as follows:
Financial planning, performance, and control
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Performance measurement
- Cost management
- Internal controls
- Professional ethics
Financial decision making
- Financial statement analysis
- Corporate finance
- Decision analysis and risk management
- Investment decisions
- Professional ethics
To be certified as a CMA, candidates must fulfill both an education requirement and an experience requirement in addition to passing the exam:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Two continuous years of professional experience
- Foundation knowledge of economics, basic statistics and financial accounting
- Agree to abide by IMA's statement of ethical professional practice.
- Having completed both parts of the CMA exam
- The CMA examination is given in a computer-based format
- Exam duration is 4 hours for each part
- (100 multiple choice questions and two 30 minute essay questions).
- The IMA is making it possible to sit your CMA exam at a date, time and place convenient to you.
Exams can be taken in three different window periods
- May and June
- September and October
The Continuing Education Center (CEC) at Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC) has been established since 1985 as a leading provider of training and development services for individuals and corporate groups in the UAE. The Continuing Education Center at KIC offers a wide range of courses in the fields of IT, Business and English Language. The training center has obtained partnerships with some of the most recognized training and testing organizations globally, such as Microsoft, Comptia, Adobe, Pearson Vue, Association of Business Practitioners (ABP), Project Management Institute (PMI), and King’s English School, which is currently running a branch at KIC.
Over the years, we have managed to build one of the strongest training methodologies in the region, which focuses on developing trainees on an individual basis, and making sure trainees are able to apply the knowledge they learn in their professional lives. To achieve this, some of the most qualified instructors globally have joined us, and today they play an integral role in providing our trainees with one-on-one attention.See all Al Khawarizmi International College courses
CMA Related Questions
I am currently working as Sr. Relationship officer - Liabilities with a reputed bank in UAE. I am...
Unanswered //Oct 10, 2016 Fraud and Laundering, Accounting, Finance and Banking