- Duration 5 Days
- Call +971 4 2753240
- Locations Al Muhaisnah 2, Dubai, U.A.E. Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Road (E311)
The Cloud Infrastructure and Services (QS) course educates students about cloud deployment and service models, cloud infrastructure, and the key considerations in migrating to cloud computing. For all definitions of cloud computing, the course has resorted to the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology as a guide. The course covers technologies required to build classic (traditional), virtualized, and cloud data center environments. These technologies include compute, storage, networking, desktop and application virtualization. Additional areas of focus are backup/recovery, business continuity, security, and management. Students will learn about the key considerations and steps involved in transitioning from the current state of a data center to a cloud computing environment.
- Explain the importance and benefits of Cloud computing and the need for its rapid adoption
- Explain roadmap for transformation from Classic to Cloud environment
- Identify and differentiate various infrastructure components of classic and virtualized data center
- Explain virtualization requirements and available tools at each layer of IT infrastructure
- Explain business continuity options in a virtualized environment
- Discuss effective cloud computing deployment models for businesses /IT organizations
- Perform detailed exploration of cloud products and services
- Describe infrastructure framework and service management activities in Cloud computing
- Understand and address security concerns commonly found in Cloud computing environments
- Formulate high-level cloud migration strategy and best practices
Journey to the Cloud
- This module focuses on the business drivers, definition, essential characteristics, and phases in the journey to the cloud.
Classic Data Center (CDC)
- This module focuses on the key elements of CDC - compute, storage, and network - with focus on storage networking, business continuity, and data center management. This module covers classic compute and network at a high level, based on the assumption that students are already familiar with those technologies.
Virtualized Data Center (VDC) - Compute
- This module focuses on the compute aspect of the VDC. It explains the fundamental concepts of compute virtualization and covers compute virtualization techniques. This module also details virtual machine (VM) components and management of compute resources. Finally, it covers the process to convert physical machine to VM.
Virtualized Data Center (VDC) - Storage
- This module focuses on storage virtualization implementation, key underlying technologies, and methods for providing virtual storage to compute systems in a VDC environment.
Virtualized Data Center (VDC) - Networking
- This module focuses on networking in a VDC environment. It covers network virtualization in VDC, VDC network infrastructure and components, virtual LAN, and virtual SAN. It also covers the key network traffic management techniques.
Virtualized Data Center (VDC) - Desktop and Application
- This module focuses on the various aspects of desktop and application virtualization technologies.
Business Continuity in VDC
- This module focuses on the concepts and techniques employed for ensuring business continuity in a Virtualized Data Center (VDC) environment. It discusses the mechanisms to protect single point of failure in a VDC. Next, it covers the various technology options for backup, replication, and migration of Virtual Machines (VM) and their data in a VDC environment. Finally, it discusses the various options for recovering from total site failure due to a disaster.
Cloud Computing Primer
- This module focuses on the essential characteristics of cloud computing, the various cloud services and deployment models, and the economics of cloud.
Cloud Infrastructure and Management
- This module focuses on the cloud infrastructure components and cloud service creation processes. It also includes the cloud service management processes that ensure that the delivery of cloud services is aligned with business objectives and expectations of cloud service consumers.
- This module focuses on security concerns and counter measures in a VDC and cloud environment. It discusses key security concerns and threats. It covers various infrastructure security mechanisms in VDC and cloud environments, including access control, identity management, governance, and more. Additionally, the module lists cloud security best practices.
Cloud Migration Considerations
- This module focuses on considerations for migration to the cloud. It details 'cloud models' suitable for different categories of users. Further, it covers considerations for choosing candidate application and various other considerations for migration to cloud. It also covers various phases of cloud adoption.
Who Can Benefit
- Staff who are responsible for the migration to cloud infrastructure and choosing the best deployment model for an organization.
- Basic knowledge of IT
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology
Networking and Security Related Questions
Hi, I recently graduated from high school. I know few things about hacking like kali, linux, back...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 IT, Computing and Technology, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)