- Locations: Floream, Landmark House, Hammersmith Bridge Road, London, W6 9EJ
- Duration: 8 to 10 Hours
The Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource (HR) Management Certification from CIPD
Home Learning College have exclusively partnered with CIPD Training to offer you a new qualification programme bringing together expertise in HR practice with the very best in digital learning design and delivery. Our fully online CIPD Intermediate Certificate (Level 5) in Human Resource Management is an internationally recognised qualification, designed for HR professionals operating anywhere in the world, in all sectors and organisations. As the world's leading qualification in HR practice and personnel and development, the CIPD qualification is highly sought after by employers and will ensure you have the best chance of achieving the HR career you are aiming for.
Whether you are already working as an HR professional or you're interested in a move into the industry, the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management will provide you with a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all aspects of the profession.
Home Learning College has trained thousands of Students through their CIPD qualifications and we are extremely proud of our 100% pass rate and being chosen as CIPD Training's exclusive digital learning partner to create the first 100% online HR qualification. Through our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus, experienced Tutors and unique Tutor Group Study method, we are ready to help you get to the next level in your HR career.
Studying your CIPD qualification online with Home Learning College allows you to you to study anytime, anywhere with a digital learning programme that fits around you and your life. With 24/7 access to your mobile-friendly learning campus you can study where and when it suits you, in a bite-sized format, to maximize your available time. Submit your details in the form to receive a course brochure.
The Intermediate Certificate will look in-depth at the key areas of human resource management; developing your ability to evaluate the effectiveness of HR models and practices, and preparing you for specialist HR roles in a range of sectors and organisations.
As a management course, the Human Resources Intermediate Certificate is focused on the role of human resources in building sustainable business success.
- A sound understanding of how human resource activities support an organisation's strategy and assist the achievement of business objectives
- A broader perspective of the organisational issues facing those in charge of the management of people within organisations
- An understanding of how to analyse human resource information and present findings to inform decision making.
Our CIPD courses provide you with all the support you need to succeed throughout. Our high quality course materials can be accessed digitally, printed or downloaded and our expert tutors are available by phone, email and in the online forums whenever you need them. Our live, interactive online classes give you more detail on topics and allow you to chat virtually with your peers.
What is CIPD Certification?
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is the world's largest Chartered human resource and development professional body, with over 140,000 members across 120 countries. CIPD qualifications are highly valued by employers, providing an internationally recognised study path for a career in human resources, learning and development (L&D) and other specialisms.
Foundation vs Intermediate - CIPD Certifications
CIPD Certifications are awarded at three levels; Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced. Whether you start on our Foundation or Intermediate level course depends both on your previous experience and your professional goals. To identify which level of CIPD Certification is best suited to your needs, please refer to the course snapshot below, or talk to a Course Advisor for a full course consultation.
Designed with CIPD subject matter experts, the CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Certificate will equip you to perform better in your role, through engaging, performance driven learning experiences. This qualification is designed to develop your career in HR Management through understanding the role of HR in the wider organisational and environmental context.
Through our team of CIPD Tutors and our Virtual Learning Campus, you will be taught the latest thinking and best practice within Human Resource and Personnel and Development online, being able to study wherever best suits your lifestyle..
You will progress as part of a group, starting on the same date: working to a structured timetable, completing collaborative learning activities and attending live online classes. You will also be expected to commit around 8-10 hours a week to self-study, during which time you will have full support from your tutor via phone, email and online. This method of learning has been proven to give Students extra motivation to progress through their course with the support of a group of peers sharing advice, knowledge and encouragement along the way.
Live online classes
Regular live online classes will be held for this Level 5 Intermediate course. These will be hosted by one of our experienced CIPD Tutors, tailored specifically to the needs of your group and held in the evenings for your convenience. These live classes give you the opportunity to interact with your tutor and fellow learners. The classes are also recorded.
The Certificate in Human Resource Management is made up of six units:
- Developing Professional Practice - 4 credits
- Business Issues and the Context of HR - 6 credits
- Managing and Coordinating the Human Resources Function - 6 credits
- Using Information in Human Resources - 4 credits
- Resourcing and Talent Planning - 6 credits
- Employment Law - 3 credits
- Level 5 qualification - comparable to studying at under-graduate level
- Gives you Associate membership of the CIPD
- Six units - with six tutor-marked assignments. There are different types of assessment tailored to the content of the unit, these can include videos, podcasts and written assignments., each comprising a standalone Award and together making up the full CIPD Intermediate Certificate in HR Practice qualification
- There will be optional workshops available during the course, for anyone who wants to refresh study skills and get assessment guidance in a face to face setting.
- Flexible payment options.
- Offers progression to study at Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Professional recognition: a competitive edge in the job market
- Professional development: exclusive access to the online assessment tool My HR Map
- Networking opportunities with like-minded professionals
- The opportunity to save money on products such as textbooks, publications, DVDs and toolkits and conference tickets
- Exclusive access to all areas of cipd.co.uk, as well as additional HR resources
The full range of benefits, details on membership prices and information about how to apply can be found on the CIPD website.
What is Included
Our Students choose us as their CIPD training provider because of the complete package of support and services we offer. This starts from your very first call with us to discuss your study options. Here are the main components:
- A dedicated tutor takes responsibility for your overall progress through the course. They have the experience and expertise to get you qualified
- The student services team help you organise your exams, learn how to use our wealth of support tools and generally make things go smoothly
- Our marking team ensure your assignments are turned around rapidly with helpful feedback
- Interactive live tutor classes tailored to your group's needs mean you learn alongside your peers keeping you motivated- you really never feel like you're studying alone
- We set an achievable Study Framework for your tutor group to ensure you complete the course within 11 months
- Exam fees and a full exam booking service are included so you can focus 100% on your studies
- Flexible finance options to help you spread the cost (more detail below)
- NUS card - the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts.
- 24 hour access to our award winning Virtual Learning Campus with everything you need during your course in one place
- A vibrant community of thousands of students gives you a ready-made network for support or advice
- Practical tests throughout the course cement your knowledge
- Real time personal progress tracking ensures you stay on task and motivated to keep going
- A comprehensive Career Management Service including video career coaching, interview simulator, career assessment tools, CV guidance and job search
- Online support from our team of Learning Community Co-ordinators.
Please note that although you will be required to have CIPD membership in order to submit any assignments, membership is not included with the course. When your tuition period is about to begin, you will be provided with details on how to purchase your own membership.
Did you know that one of the most common challenges people face in pursuing education is the cost? That is why Home Learning College has developed the most flexible payment terms of any other UK distance learning provider. You can pay in full immediately or split your course fees over three instalments at no extra charge.
Alternatively you can apply for our 12, 18 or 24 months payment plans*. Representative APR 19.9%. These plans are offered by our finance provider Omni Capital, take a look at a representative APR Example. Speak to one of our Course Advisors for further details.
About Home Learning college
With an active online community of over 20,000 students, we are the UK’s largest distance learning provider for professional qualifications. We bring enterprising professionals together to boost their careers with industry recognised, accredited qualifications. Our online training courses are the UK’s choice for professional learning at home, tailored around work and lifestyle. Our purpose is to provide a flexible study framework whereby students can study towards recognised professional qualifications around work and other commitments, and go on to achieve their professional goals.
We provide professionals with the skills they need for a successful career; offer our academic partners a means by which they can deliver cutting edge industry relevant training programmes; and provide employers with highly trained, capable employees needed to boost their long-term profitability and growth; thus playing a part in driving future economic growth. We are a leader in the professional online learning space, and we aim to always keep the student at the heart of what we do.See all Home Learning college courses