Certified Management Accounting (CMA) is a two part advanced certification in management accounting designed to nurture planning, organizing and decision making skills of professional accountants. CMA has a focus over adding value to accounting professionals which drives business performance. CMA certification is designed for all levels of accounting and finance professionals. It fosters the growth and development of mid-level career professionals on one hand and supports the complex decision making need of top level management.
Whether it is about career furtherance in existing organization or conquering the top slots in corporate arena, CMA keeps you preferred and distinguished from other competitors and wins your slot in advance for you as employers believe that achieving the CMA credential demonstrates your mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics.
What will I learn?
PART I – Financial Planning, Performance and Control
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Performance Review & Management
- Cost Accounting Techniques
- Internal control, Internal Audit and IT Control & Review
- Ethics for financial managers
PART II – Financial Planning, Performance and Control
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Managing Corporate Finance
- Business Finance Decision & Risk analysis
- Investment decision
- Application of IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice.
- Cost and Management Accountant
- Accounts Manager
- Finance Manager and Finance and Cost Analyst
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Executive Officer
How will I benefit from taking this course/what career paths will be open to me?
The CMA is a time efficient and cost effective certification program with the potential to deliver signification return on investment.
Considering the fact that around the world, professionals with a CMA earn at least one third more in average total annual compensation than their non certified peers.
CMA certification can expand your opportunities in your current position and for the long term. Leading employers—from multinational corporations to private firms, academic institutions, and not-for-profit organizations—seek out CMAs to hire and promote in positions requiring critical accounting and financial management skills.
Earn the CMA and join a network of more than 40,000 certified peers worldwide.
How will I be assessed?
The CMA exam has comprised of 2 parts, each of which has 4 hour examination. The exams consist of 100 MCQ’s and 2 essay style questions. The exams can be attempted in January/February, May/June and September/October. The minimum score is 360 out of 500 for each part.
Following are the requirements to get enrolled for CMA Certification
- Maintain membership in IMA. If you aren't already a member
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or an equivalent degree as determined by an independent evaluation agency). Prospective candidates who do not have a bachelor’s degree can petition the Board of Regents for an exception to the education requirements.
- Two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management.
- Entrance into the CMA program.
- Complete and pass Parts 1 and 2 of the CMA exam.
- Abide by The IMA’s Statement of Ethical Professional Practice.
Testimonial of former student
- Excellent tuition classes and phenomenal trainer Thanks Al Mihad I am CMA certified today just because of you.. (Mehar Fatima)
About Al Mihad Training Centre
Al Mihad is a leading training company offering professional and corporate training in MENA for the last 17 years. Having its focus on financial training, AMT is rapidly growing in trainings areas related to Strategy & Innovation, Human Resource, Sales & Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, Supply Chain Management, Financial Modelling & Excel, customized banking programs and in-house trainings program related to CMA, CIA, CIMA, Diploma & Certificate in IFRS for corporate clients.See all Al Mihad Training Centre courses