- Locations: Deira
- Duration: 4 days
- Timings Daytime
What will I learn?
Due to the sheer nature of their varied and complex activities, banks are often exposed to an array of risks such as credit risks, market risks, operational risks and liquidity risk etc. At the level of issues relating to risk management, Islamic financial institutions need to develop more rigorous systems in order to identify, measure, monitor and control risk categories relevant to their products and services. Added to that is the need to identify the exceptional risks that are unique to Islamic financial services industry. Islamic financial institutions also show interest in identifying effective means to address those risks, reduce their scope, and deal with them in compliance with the rules and principles of Islamic law.
Al Maali Training and Consultancy is offering “Certified Islamic Specialist in Risk Management” a four-day intensive training course conducted by industry experts and professional trainers. This course is accredited by General council for Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions (CIBAFI). Based in Bahrain, CIBAFI is an international professional body in Islamic Banking and Finance.
- Definition of the types of common risks faced by both traditional and Islamic financial institutions and survey of risks special to Islamic Financial Institutions
- Understanding the environment and the right tools to manage risks in Islamic financial institutions and identification of relevant techniques including methods and procedures for determining their quantity, type , ways to measure them, reports evaluation and management
- Study the most important Islamic legal requirements for risk management, the sound and legitimate controls and foundations to address those risks and minimize their impact
- Introduction of international and Islamic standards in risk management
Who is this course for?
- Banking and finance professionals
- Managers and officials of the risk departments
- Financial Supervisors and officials of the Internal Audit
- Officials of the finance and investment departments
- Officials of the Sharia Supervisory departments
- Officials of the treasury departments
- Managers of the compliance departments
About Al Maali Training and Consultancy
Al Maali Training and Consultancy is an international training and consulting firm established in Dubai (Middle East), Brussels (Europe) and Casablanca (Africa), and is specialized in providing exclusively Islamic finance training and consultancy services. Al Maali offers training courses in different languages including English, Arabic, French, and Russian etc. The courses offered by Al Maali are accredited by international professional bodies in Islamic banking and finance. Apart from training courses, Al Maali also provides Sharia Advisory and Auditing, Product Development and structuring services in the domain of Islamic Banking and Finance.
All courses offered by Al Maali are accredited by leading local as well as international professional and academic institution like KHDA, Government of Dubai, Institute of Leadership and Management UK, General Council of Islamic Banks and Financial Institutions (CIBAFI), International Sharia Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF), International Islamic Center for Reconciliation and Arbitration (IICRA), IHI Alliance Malaysia, etc.See all Al Maali Training and Consultancy courses