- Duration: 3 Months
This unit is designed to introduce learners to the principles of marketing strategies and to develop their knowledge and understanding of the formulation, implementation and control of a marketing strategy which is implemented by the marketing function of an organization. Learners will learn about the theoretical concepts associated with a marketing strategy and the marketing planning process and its application to different market situations, by applying a range of appropriate marketing activity strategies. The factors and issues that influence marketing strategies and the role and impact of marketing strategies in the business and social environment will also be addressed.
This course will enable the learner to achieve the following skills and knowledge:
- Investigate the concept and process of marketing
- Explore the concepts of segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Identify and analyze the individual elements of the extended marketing mix
- Apply the extended marketing mix to different marketing segments and contexts
- Marketing Concept: evolution of marketing, business orientations, societal issues and, customer and competitor orientation.
- Marketing process overview: marketing audit, integrated marketing, environmental analysis, SWOT analysis
- Benefits of building customer satisfaction, desired quality, service and customer care.
- Macro and Micro Environment
- Buyer Behavior
- Segmentation: process of market selection, macro and micro segmentation, bases for Segmenting Markets
- Targeting and Positioning
- Extended Marketing Mix
- The shift from the 4Ps to the 7Ps
- Consumer markets, Organizational markets, Services ,International Marketing
About Centre for Executive Education
Philosophy is based on the following principles:
- Be practical and provide transferable skills to the workforce
- Be convenient for the working professionals
- Build a community of learning where the student plays an integral part in the learning process
- Encourage diversity in faculty, students and teaching methods so that learning takes place not only from a strong curriculum but also exchange of ideas
- Foster personal development in a safe and supportive environment
- Employ practicing educators who bring with them a passion for learning, a desire to demonstrate how skills can be applied to real world and a thirst to keep updated.