Waqf is a financial charitable institution established by withholding one's property to eternally spend its revenue on fulfilling the various needs in a given society depending on the choice and condition made by the founder. Through its financial support it manages to provide varieties of goods and services needed in society such as sheltering and feeding the poor, providing education and promoting health care, creating jobs for the majority, activating business, constructing highways, promoting links between countries and providing basic infrastructure. Waqf is not a new concept, however its recent emergence in its movable form of cash and corporate Waqf, and the opportunities this presents, have caught the attention of financial institutions and corporates alike.
- Recognising Waqf as an important institution in the Islamic financial system
- Knowing the Sharia'a and legal perspectives of cash and corporate Waqf
- Understanding the administration and governance of cash and corporate Waqf
- Gaining insight on how to establish a corporate Waqf
- Proposing a framework for Corporate Waqf Bank through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
About Nasdaq Dubai
NASDAQ Dubai sees financial education as a key factor in the development of a successful, world-class capital market. It has established NASDAQ Dubai Academy to provide training courses that will support the educational requirements of a range of market participants, including issuers, members, investors and the general public.See all Nasdaq Dubai courses
Accounting, Finance and Banking Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.