- Price $ 4,795
- Locations Dubai
Learn How To:
- Understand and support top-level strategy formulation
- Link corporate strategy from business strategy to portfolio development to project implementation
- Ensure project credibility by aligning your project with your organization's goals, objectives and strategies
- Create and implement an appropriate strategy for your project
- Understand the need to communicate your strategy to the project team, the customer, and other project stakeholders
- Manage stakeholder expectations to maintain portfolio/project alignment
Today's business climate is characterized by unprecedented changes in technology and globalization, as well as by complex business relationships and the unrelenting drive for competitive success. In this highly stressful environment, it is essential for project managers to think and act strategically. How does an organization formulate a strategy to achieve competitive success? How do projects contribute to the implementation of the organization's strategy? How should a project manager develop a project strategy that supports organizational strategic and business goals?
Aligning Project Management with Organizational Strategy gives you an in-depth analysis of the process leading from business strategy formation to portfolio development to the project and project manager's role. Learn how to link your project to the business strategy, apply and maintain alignment of the project strategy, and manage the expectations and interests of those who have a stake in the project outcome.
Thought-provoking discussions and stimulating exercises highlight this dynamic, timely course. You will receive the book The Project Manager's MBA - How to Translate Project Decisions into Business Success, by Dennis J. Cohen and Robert J. Graham.
In addition, you will be given a proven project ranking tool that can be used within your organization to prioritize strategic projects and/or to help you, the project manager, ask the questions to understand how your project fits into your organization's strategic initiatives.
Click an individual topic title to expand/contract it or
Expand All Topics | Contract All Topics
Organisational Strategy in Context
Organisational Strategy: Approaches and Techniques
Portfolio Management: Strategic Context
Portfolio Set-up and Maintenance
Strategic Project Management
At ESI one will discover a tradition of excellence that has fueled individual and corporate successes all over the world. Since 1981, ESI has served Fortune Global 500 companies across the world to improve business performance.
Their reputation as an industry leader in project management training and consulting is unsurpassed.Their programmes undergo rigorous review and change to reflect the latest practices and your changing needs.
More than just quality training, ESI gives their delegates the credentials that mark them as experts in their organisations. They offer certificate tracks in the following programmes:
- Associate's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in IT Project Management
- Advanced Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Business Analysis (only available for those who started working towards this before April 2010)
Project Management Related Questions
Could you please guide me, as what are the requirements for taking Quantity Surveying course? I w...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 Project Management, Quantity Surveying