The concept of Agile software development incorporates the principles and precepts of a number of software development and quality management methods that are based on speeding the time to market. The Agile development approach enables cycle time reductions through lower process overhead and more efficient and responsive practices. Its benefits have also been adapted outside of the IT environment to benefit other types of projects.
Who is the Course for?
- Developers interested in learning Agile concepts and practices
- IT managers
- Those involved in the Agile approach who want to refine their techniques or learn some new practices
- Project managers interested in leading their software projects with more agility
- Course structure
- Course goals and objectives
- Software Development Environment (SDLCs) and Systems Development Life Cycles (SDLCs)
- Agile approach to software development
- Overarching Agile principles: Agile manifesto, its principles and key enablers
- Applying Agile concepts to project management
- Journey into Agile territory: topic flow from technical practices to leadership/directional practices to implementation
Solution-focused Agile Development Practices (Requirements, Analysis, and Design)
- From Agile values to Agile practices: translating the Manifesto into specific practices, starting with those that are technical and relate to solving the business problem
- Agile requirements practices
- Agile analysis and design practices
Product-focused Agile Development Practices (Development, Testing & Deployment)
- Introduction to the technical practices associated with building the software product
- Agile development, (post-development) testing and deployment
Process-focused Agile Development Practices (Agility and Project management)
- Introduction to leadership/directional Agile practices
- The Agile environment: Agile analogs to PMI 's Organizational Project Management or Program Management concerns
- Agile initiating, following the PMBOK Guide structure to explore Agile analogs to the five project management process groups
- Agile planning, executing, monitoring,controlling and closing
Implementing Agile Development
- Trailblazing an Agile path: introduction to alternative approaches to implementing Agile and four major phases involved in getting there, regardless of approach
- To be or not to be Agile? Criteria for determining whether Agile is a viable option given the environment or specific situation
- Implementing Agile practices starting from the bottom-up approach or easiest path, a few practices at a time
- Implementing Agile projects: exploring the bottom-up option to implement an Agile method, project by project
- Influencing beyond our reach
Basic understanding of object-oriented terms and technique
About International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL)
With a wholly-owned network of operating companies all over the world and clients in more than 150 countries, IIL is a global leader in training and certification, coaching and mentoring, consulting and customized course development. Our core competencies include: Project, Program and Portfolio Management; Business Analysis; Lean Six Sigma and Process Excellence; Agile; ITIL ; Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
Using our proprietary Many Methods of Learning™, IIL delivers innovative, effective and consistent training solutions through a variety of learning approaches: Virtual, Traditional Classroom, On-Demand, Mobile, Video and Simulation. As a PMI Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.); a member of PMI's Global Executive Council; an APMG Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for PRINCE2 , ITIL , and others; a Microsoft Partner (with a Microsoft Gold Project and Portfolio Management competency); and an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider (EEP™), IIL is the training solution partner of choice for many top global companies.See all International Institute for Learning, Inc courses
Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) Related Questions
Could you please guide me, as what are the requirements for taking Quantity Surveying course? I w...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 Project Management, Quantity Surveying
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.