- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 5 Days
This course is also available as instructor-led online course, Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8 (Remote Classroom) (VB862GB). Please note that this option does not require any travel.
In this five-day instructor-led introductory course, you learn the skills that are needed to install, configure, and administer IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.
IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8 includes IBM Process Server, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Designer, IBM Process Center, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus. This course focuses on IBM Process Server, which is a high-performance business engine at the heart of business process management (BPM) and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
The course covers how to configure IBM Process Server in a network deployment environment. You learn about the various deployment topologies available for IBM Process Server, and the deployment options for various IBM Process Server components. The course also teaches you about the selection criteria for choosing an appropriate deployment topology
You learn how IBM Process Server uses the service integration bus (WebSphere Platform Messaging) for all asynchronous communications. To build a highly available IBM Process Server architecture, you must understand how the service integration bus works, and know how to integrate it into the design of a topology. Finally, you learn about the service integration bus and how to configure it to support high availability and workload management.
Hands-on exercises on the Linux operating system are provided throughout the course, giving you practical experience on how to design, deploy, and troubleshoot a highly available IBM Process Server environment. Through the labs, you configure IBM Process Server in a clustered environment and verify their configuration. You also deploy a basic IBM Process Server application and use it to test the capabilities of the IBM Process Server environment. You examine applications in IBM Process Center and deploy applications to both an online and an offline IBM Process Server. Finally, you integrate the deployment manager with IBM Tivoli Directory Server and secure the environment. This course provides lab exercises running on IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.0.1.
This basic course is designed for systems administrators, solutions administrators, and operators who install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot IBM Process Server applications.
- Describe the purpose and business value of the tools included in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8: IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Server, IBM Process Center, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Describe IBM Business Process Manager Advanced architecture, concepts, and terminology
- Describe the deployment considerations for IBM Business Process Manager Advanced components
- Describe the IBM Process Server high availability topologies and their selection criteria
- Create an IBM Process Server clustered environment
- Verify the functions of failover in a clustered environment
- Configure and work with Business Space
- Deploy and manage business applications
- Work with the administrative console and management tools
- Deploy applications to an offline and online IBM Process Server
- Implement SSL
- Integrate with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to secure the environment
- Troubleshoot the environmen
- Configure the business process engine
You should successfully complete one of the IBM WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration courses:
- WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration for AIX (WA180GB), (VA180GB)
- WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration for Windows (WA380GB), (VA380GB), (ZA380GB)
- WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration for Linux (WA580GB), (VA580GB)
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses