By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define accounting and the accounting cycle.
- Identify the major rules and principles of accounting under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic accounting equation and double-entry bookkeeping, and touch base with the new automated accounting systems.
- List the key financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, changes in shareholders’ equity and cash flow statement) and their components.
- Account for financial statements’ adjustments at end of period.
- Define the audit function and determine the different audit opinions.
Who should attend:
- Managers, supervisors and staff from any function including the accounting department who need to improve understanding and application of accounting techniques
- Introducing Accounting and the Financial Statements
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Double Entry Accounting
- Net Equity
- The Balance Sheet and its Components
- Cash Flow Statement
- Adjustements to Financial Statements
Meirc Training & Consulting is an independent multinational firm with close to 60 years of experience in helping regional organizations develop their human capital in management and technical fields. Since 1958, they have been entrusted by their clients to provide the most reliable training and consulting products and services in the region.See all MEIRC courses