- Location: IMPZ - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Duration: Upto 2 Days
- Timings: Part Time, Flexible
Course detailsCourse Overview
Project Support Office, Multiple Small Projects, Mega Projects: Successes and Failures
Quite frequently participants in learning programs want to relate a course’s content and concepts to real life projects via case studies. Since project management is applicable across numerous industries, it is not always easy to find case studies for a full project that works across business sectors.
Although this workshop covers case studies from the petrochemical industry, the cases (and sub-cases) are applicable to other projects, especially capital projects from oil & gas, utilities, heavy infrastructure, real estate development, and industrial facilities.
The workshop covers real case studies where our Principal Consultant has personal experience earned during a rich and diversified project management career in locations around the globe.
The workshop focuses on four major case studies, but also covering numerous (sub) case studies within the four cases.
- Organizational re-structuring to create a portfolio management office
- Establishing a project support & control office for the PMO
- A challenged (failed) mega project, and
- A successful and innovative mega project
- Learn from past to enable a better future
- Learn, from others: the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Understand how to measure success and what leads to failures
- Learn how to apply risk management on real projects
- Learn the consequences of under estimating the value of proper project and risk management
- Experience innovation even on mega projects and small projects
- Learn essentials for managing a portfolio of small (multiple) projects
- Learn about conflicts and how to deal with adversity
- Project personnel, team members, project engineers, project leaders, and project managers
- PMO members, staff, managers, and directors
- Senior managers and executives in related industry
Eligibility / Requirements
None is required but it would be best if participants have experience working on projects; especially in the engineering, construction, petroleum, and similar ; Please note the workshop is from REAL projects where SUKAD Principal Consultant has direct experience on projects from around the ; The workshop is ideal for project teams and executives starting a new program, portfolio office, PMO, or mega project.
SUKAD was established in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in 2004. In 2012, SUKAD opened another office in Lebanon. From these two offices, SUKAD has been providing services across West Asia and Africa. SUKAD is highly recognized as a leader in project management services; with a large percent of revenues acquired through repeat business and referrals from leading organizations.
SUKAD has an extensive project management research and development program. Under the label and trademark The SUKAD Way™, the R&D effort has led to the development of proprietary products such as The Customizable and Adaptable Methodology for Managing Projects™ (CAM2P™) and The Seven Elements of Project Management Maturity™ (The 7Es™).
In addition to the PM Methodology and PM Maturity Model, SUKAD has developed numerous advance courses and master certificates in project management. SUKAD is also publishing a series of books, booklets, and sample projects in Arabic and English. Their publications include ‘The Inheritance’ and the upcoming ‘Insan Al-Mujtama’ (Arabic), upcoming ‘Redefining the Basics of Project Management’, Project Management for the Accidental Project Manager, and a 4-part series on The Customizable and Adaptable Methodology for Managing Projects™.
SUKAD is a corporate citizen and a business with a heart. Over the years, SUKAD has provided numerous complimentary learning events to thousands of professionals either on our own (under our 2SPI™ program) or through partnerships with various organizations and universities.
In recognition of their business and community successes, in 2011/2012 SUKAD was recognized and ranked on the Dubai SME 100 ranking and the AllWorld Network Arabia 500 ranking.See all Sukad courses