About Irish Computer Society
The ICS provides its members with:
- An independent representative voice
- Independent means of keeping up-to-date
- Resources for professional development
- A network of contacts in the ICT sector
- Europe-wide professional recognition
- Guidance on professional standards.
The ICS also works to advance and promote computer literacy throughout the Irish population by:
- Providing a means for current and potential computer users to achieve certified qualifications
- Encouraging the continuous development and availability of ICT curricula, and the use of appropriate ICT throughout the education system
- Furthering Ireland's economic, educational and cultural participation in the worldwide Information Society.