This course is designed to teach you the new features and enhanced functions provided in z/OS Version 1 Release 13. The software updates and enhancements for z/OS V1R13 are presented in groups based on closely associated z/OS components. The groups include enhancements to the base control program, sysplex features, UNIX System Services, the data storage subsystem, Communications Server, and security components, such as RACF.
Finally, the installation and migration issues relating to installation of z/OS V1.13 are discussed.
- List the main enhancements in z/OS V1R13
- Describe and implement, where necessary, the other enhancements packaged with z/OS V1.13 including:
- The BCP which includes GRS, software support for z196 z114 zBX hardware upgrades, SMF, WLM, RMF, ISPF, and RAS
- Sysplex-related BCP enhancements
- The USS kernel, USS shell, and related file system services
- Data storage management which includes Extended Address
- Volumes, DFSMSdfp, DFSMSdss, and DFSMShsm
- Communications Server which includes features of the TCP/IP address space, general IP, and SNA modernization
- System security - RACF Plan for and install the z/OS V1.13 system
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses