- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course is designed to describe the basic components that apply to all z/OS systems. It includes high level concepts that apply to the z/OS hardware platform and the z/OS software. It then provides a more detailed analysis, description and lab activities that can be applied to the system programmer role to maintain z/OS systems. Discussion activities include: The POR, IPL process, JES implementation and operating environment, VTAM environment for TSO, ISPF, SNA and TCP/IP networking, RACF, ISPF/PDF and UNIX System Services. It defines the classic approach to data management in a z/OS system. It identifies various software products and utilities used to define, maintain, and manage catalogs and data sets in the z/OS environment. It also discusses Parmlib usage and requirements for system initialization and operation that include: System symbolics, WLM, SFM, RMF and system logger. Both single system and multi-system sysplex usage is identified. z/OS install, upgrade options, maintenance using SMP/E and I/O configuration requirements using HCD is listed and described.
- Unit 1 - What makes up a z/OS system?
- Exercise 1- Introduction to z/OS setup
- Unit 2 - System boot: POR and IPL
- Exercise 2 - Complete the IPL: Start JES,start networking
- Unit 3 - Processing user work with z/OS
- Exercise 3 - LOGON into TSO and create a new user profile
- Unit 4 - Networking, z/OS communication server
- Exercise 4 - Data administration
- Unit 5 - What else is needed for end user access to the system?
- Exercise 5 - Automate startup and monitor the system
- Unit 6 - Data management
- Exercise 6 - System logger
- Unit 7 - A closer look at IPL: IPLPARM,SYS1.PARMLIB, SYS1.PROCLIB
- Exercise 7- Define a string of DASD and ACTIVATE dynamically
- Unit 8 - System management: WLM, SMF, RMF, and system logger
- Exercise 8 - Install and maintain a user function
- Unit 9 - Hardware configuration definition
- Unit 10 - Software maintenance: SMP/E
- Unit 11 - Change management: ServerPac and other IBM services
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses