This course is designed to teach you the new features and enhanced functions provided in z/OS Version 2 Release 1. The software updates and enhancements for z/OS V2R1 are presented in groups based on closely associated z/OS components. The groups include enhancements to the base control program, sysplex features, UNIX System Services, the data storage subsystem, Communications Server, and security components, such as RACF.
Finally, the installation and migration issues relating to installation of z/OS V2.1 are discussed.
- List the main enhancements in z/OS V2R1
- Describe and implement, where necessary, the other enhancements packaged with z/OS V2.1 including:
- Software support for zEC12, zBC12, and zBX hardware upgrades
- The BCP includes the I/O configuration program (IOCP), the
- Workload Manager (WLM), System Management Facilities (SMF), HCD/HCM, the program management binder, Language Environment, Global resource serialization, z/OS sysplex,cross-system coupling facility (XCF), Coupling Facility Resource Manager (CFRM), system logger, and other components like
- z/OS Management Facility (zOSMF), BCPii, z/OS Resource Measurement Facility (RMF) and z/OS Job Entry Subsystem 2
- (JES2), JES3, SDSF, z/OS Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF), time-sharing option (TSO), REXX.
- Plan for and install the z/OS V2.1 system
- The USS kernel, USS shell, and related file system services
- Data storage management which includes Extended Address Volumes, DFSMSdfp, DFSMSdss, and DFSMShsm
- Communications Server which includes features of the TCP/IP
- address space, general IP, and SNA modernization
- System security - RACF
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses