Course detailsCourse Overview
This Program will enable you to develop the skills required to investigate, analyse and influence the policy-making processes that shape welfare services, particularly those that directly affect the quality of young people's lives. It will focus in particular on the nature and scope of youth policy - the common themes that underpin national youth policies and the characteristic tensions within such policies. The relationship between youth policies and the wider policy environment will be considered. The program will also look at the criteria for success or failure of youth policies and the evaluation of their outcomes.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Describe the origins, history and development of youth policies in at least two countries in your region.
- Outline the main themes that underpin the formulation, development and implementation of youth policies.
- Demonstrate a broad awareness of the impact of youth policies on youth development work.
- Evaluate the success of such policies through, for example, the use of performance indicators.
- Contribute to the strategic development of agencies in the youth development field through youth policy development.
- Establish and/or work within partnerships created to achieve key objectives of youth policy at local level.
- Influence policy-making processes in a way that is appropriate to your role.
- Members of National Youth Councils.
- Youth Workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs.
- Youth Parliamentarian Committees.
- Professionals responsible for policy formulation and strategy development in youth focused organizations.
- Youth policy Overview
- Policy Definition - social/welfare policy - youth policy
- Youth Policy
- Nature, Objectives and Importance
- Characteristics of youth policies
- The scope of youth policy
- Policy planning and formulation
- Policy impact and implementation
- Analyzing Social Policy
- Social policy in context
- Government involvement in social policy
- Grassroots policy development: another approach
- Youth policy principles
- Youth policy and the wider policy environment
- Elements of a successful youth policy
- Policy success and failure
- Measuring success or failure
- Elements of a successful policy
- Frameworks in action
- Key headings for a youth policy
- Essential features of a youth policy
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of policies
About Matsh Youth Development
Matsh is a Youth Development enterprise aims to provide developmental services and programs for young people. The main objective of Matsh is to professionalize youth work in the Middle East and North Africa region by providing Youth Development and Youth Work capacity building programs for youth workers, formulating code of ethics and standards for youth work sector in MENA region, providing policy and strategy development and management consultancy for youth development institutions.See all Matsh Youth Development courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.