- Locations: 10, Mohamed Ahmed Alafify Str San Stefano 21411 Alexandria Egypt
- Duration: 6 Days
This certificate is a qualification that indicates that the holder has sufficient knowledge of celestial navigation to navigate globally using a sextant and to plan, undertake and manage an Ocean passage together with a comprehensive understanding of the factors involved with regards to routing and meteorology.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS?
- To gain the IYT Yachtmaster Ocean certificate, candidates must first hold the IYT Yachtmaster Offshore certificate.
WHAT DOES THE YACHTMASTER OCEAN THEORY COURSE CONSIST OF?
- The course consists of 6 days of astronavigation and worldwide meteorology. A thorough knowledge of all subjects covered in the IYT Yachtmaster Offshore course is assumed. There will be a final written examination on the last day of the course.
THE COURSE COVERS:
- The Earth And The Celestial Sphere
- The PZX Triangle
- The Sextant
- Measurement Of Time
- Meridian Altitudes
- Sun Sights
- Planet Sights
- Starsight Planning
- The Pole Star
- Moon Sights
- Compass Checking
- Satellite Navigation Systems
- Great Circle Sailing
- Passage Planning
About Superyacht Training Egypt
We_They (STE) – is an International Yacht Training (IYT) Partner School and is the first marine school offering education, training, as well as being the first to lead and introduce the concept of Yachting in Egypt.As the Megayacht industry is growing massively in number and size, We_They realized the vital need of highly qualified crew members that must be placed with international standards. Accordingly, STE offers professional and recreational courses for power and sailing yachts starting by absolute beginners to IYT Master of Yacht Ocean, as well as training and placement for all yacht crew and granting course certificates that are internationally approved. The potential STE graduates will therefore become internationally recognized as qualified candidates that are able to compete in the market of Megayacht industry.See all Superyacht Training Egypt courses