- Locations: 10, Mohamed Ahmed Alafify Str San Stefano 21411 Alexandria Egypt
- Duration: 5 Days
When it comes to facing the elements at sea, textbook knowledge is no substitute for practical experience. There is no doubt that aspiring yachtsmen and women must prepare themselves as much as possible before being able to truly take full responsibility for themselves, their vessels and their crews. IYT Yachtmaster certification is of vital importance because it is an established and globally recognised measure of competency for the commanding of power and sail vessels. This certification not only makes yachting a pleasure, as it should be, but also a safer pursuit for all those who wish to participate now and in the future. Designed for those to wish to operate a pleasure boat (power, with accommodation) up to 24 m, (80') in sight of land in fair weather. Tailored for those who are considering chartering a powerboat or for those who are purchasing a vessel.
WHAT ARE THE IYT YACHTMASTER CERTIFICATE'S?
- The IYT Yachtmaster courses are recreational courses. These courses are designed to provide the highest standard of maritime education for the recreational yachtsman and woman and for those who are serious about obtaining the best nautical qualifications available. They are ideal for those who greatly want to expand their knowledge and experience and increase their confidence in commanding a yacht. For those who are taking the courses, completion of the 5 day STCW Basic Safety training courses is not required but is highly recommended. The five day course covers Fire fighting, Sea Survival, First Aid and Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities. Yachtmaster courses are not beginners courses.
HOW MANY YACHTMASTER COURSES ARE THERE?
There are three:
- Yachtmaster Coastal to operate a Yacht up to 24 m (80')
- Yachtmaster Offshore to operate a Yacht up to 200 Tons, 150 miles Offshore
- Yachtmaster Ocean to operate a Yacht up to 200 Tons unlimited Oceans
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF HOLDING AN IYT YACHTMASTER CERTIFICATE?
- The IYT Yachtmaster certificates are internationally recognised as a standard of excellence for the recreational yachtsman.
- IYT Yachtmaster qualifications are recognised by marine insurance companies worldwide.
- IYT Yachtmaster qualifications give the yachtsman and woman a much increased level of confidence in their ability to handle a yacht due to our intensive level of on the water training.
- IYT Yachtmaster certificates are accepted by yacht charter companies on a worldwide basis
WHAT DOES THE YACHTMASTER COASTAL COURSE CONSIST OF?
- A comprehensive live aboard course consisting of 6 days for sail or 5 days for power which includes the practical on the water examination. The course covers subjects such as navigational charts and publications, dead reckoning and estimated position, position fixing, tides, tidal levels and data, pilotage, safety at sea, meteorology and much more. Because the Yachtmaster Coastal course is conducted onboard a yacht it also covers such practical seamanship skills as ropework, anchorwork, boat handling, docking, yacht presentation, navigation, passage planning and much more.
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR THE IYT YACHTMASTER COASTAL COURSE?
- In order to participate in this course, candidates should have logged 30 days and 800 miles at sea including 2 days as watch leader/skipper and 12 hours underway on watch at night.
- Candidates may sit the course prior to obtaining the minimum sea time. However, they will not be issued their Yachtmaster Coastal Certificate until all the requirements have been met.
- Verification of yachting experience must be signed by the skipper of the yacht on which the candidate was sailing. Candidates claiming sea time during times when they were acting as captain may sign their own entries, but will need independent proof that can be verified by IYT.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THE IYT YACHTMASTER COASTAL EXAM?
- The course must be completed before applying for the exam.
- Minimum sea time requirements must also have been met before examination.
WHAT DOES THE EXAM CONSIST OF?
- The examination takes the form of an oral and practical test onboard a yacht. Candidates must demonstrate that they have sufficient ability to handle, dock, and anchor the boat with a required level of confidence. Candidates can expect to be examined on any subject contained within the syllabus and to be questioned on any of their yachting experience to date.
- In the event that the examiner considers an examinee not to have achieved the required standards, an IYT Yachtmaster certificate will not be issued. In this case, a confidential report will be sent to the candidate outlining the reason or reasons for failure and suggesting remedial action that could lead to the successful completion of the course. Completion of the IYT Yachtmaster Coastal course is not a guarantee of passing the examination and receiving your certificate.
About Superyacht Training Egypt
We_They (STE) – is an International Yacht Training (IYT) Partner School and is the first marine school offering education, training, as well as being the first to lead and introduce the concept of Yachting in Egypt.As the Megayacht industry is growing massively in number and size, We_They realized the vital need of highly qualified crew members that must be placed with international standards. Accordingly, STE offers professional and recreational courses for power and sailing yachts starting by absolute beginners to IYT Master of Yacht Ocean, as well as training and placement for all yacht crew and granting course certificates that are internationally approved. The potential STE graduates will therefore become internationally recognized as qualified candidates that are able to compete in the market of Megayacht industry.See all Superyacht Training Egypt courses