This workshop is intended to help you do the writing your job demands. If you are a manager at any level in business, government, or industry, you must write reports. Whether you want to or not, you write to explain things, to smooth relationships and to convince others of the value of some course of action. Writing must be clear, concise, complete, and correct. It must also convey your message in a courteous tone. The workshop will help you to identify the range of this kind of writing, the forms it takes, and the persuasive techniques it requires.
How You W Benefit:
- To learn the value of good written communications.
- To develop paragraphs that introduce, connect, develop, and conclude some part of an idea.To prepare reports and proposals that inform, persuade, and provide information.
- To learn how to proofread your work so you are confident it is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
- To provide an opportunity to apply these skills in real work applications.
- Clear, concise, complete, correct
- Constructing paragraphs
- Readability index
- The four stages of report writing
- Planning reports: PAFEO
- Editing and revising
- Direct vs. indirect approach
- Organizational strategies
- Headings and subheadings
- Tables and graphs
- Format for reports
- Reports vs. proposals
- Steps in the persuasion process