- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 3 Days
This course will cover the essentials of editing and writing for websites and is designed for those who are currently responsible for maintaining the content strategy of a site. What is the difference between print and web? How do you ensure clear navigation and ensure that your website is compliant?
Is It Right For Me?
- Web editors and content managers; digital editors concerned with websites.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- know the difference between writing for digital and web products versus print products
- learn practical ways to transform non-digital copy into content that will work on the web
- have gained tips and insights into how to critique your own website.
What will it cover?
- Good practice for writing for the web. How do people read on screens?
- Example texts, background to how people consume media online
Meeting users’ needs and locating information online
- Specificity, what are people looking for?
- Use delegates websites as examples
Writing skills: explaining complex information for the layman (writing task)
Writing skills: writing about disability (words to avoid), gender-neutral text
Language use when writing online
- Short words, simplicity, reading skills
Structuring your content: dos and don’ts, use of headings and sub-heads, FAQs
How to know your audience.
- Optimising text for the web (SEO, Google Analytics, cross-linking)
- Check it’s working
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses