It takes time – and skill – to communicate specialist information to others. This course will give you the necessary skills to reduce the time it takes to write reports that get results.
This highly practical course equips delegates with the skills of planning, research, structuring, writing, editing and presenting reports. Practical exercises and discussion throughout the course will give you a toolkit to use when report writing.
Is it right for me?
Designed for individuals who need to produce effective reports and would like an overview of the process and skills to do so.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Confidently write reports that achieve results or objectives.
- Follow a systematic approach to reduce the time it takes to write.
- Structure the information to guide the reader logically through the text.
- Adopt a ‘reader-friendly’ style that creates understanding and maintains interest.
- Write persuasively using the relevant information and vocabulary to support your idea.
- Ensure that specialist and non-specialist readers will quickly read and understand your work.
- Edit your draft reports easily and constructively.
- Use diagrams, tables and charts to support and enhance your text.
- Produce reports that achieve their goals.
It would be beneficial if you brought samples of the reports you produce at work, to help you review throughout the course. You will be asked to complete a pre-course questionnaire to help the trainer to focus on individual needs.
What will it cover?
A Structured Approach
- A step-by-step approach to focus on our terms of reference, reader, objective and content
Research and Preparation
- Deciding on relevant information to help the report achieve its purpose
- Structuring and sequencing that creates order and encourages the reader to read on
Is my Writing Style Professional and Appropriate?
- Use vocabulary that helps understanding and gets results
- Developing a persuasive tone to reinforce the argument
- How sentences and paragraphs can give rhythm and pace to our writing
- Will my report get a positive response from my reader?
Commonly Recognised Components of a Report
- Gaining an understanding of how a report is structured – beginning, middle and end
- Choosing the best format for your purpose
What will Help Support my Message?
- Exploring ways to present your information visually
- The do's and don’ts of visual messages
- Creating your own personal action plan for the future
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses