In this course, student will learn basic concepts required to produce basic business documents. They will create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft® Office Word
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a basic document by using Microsoft Word.
- edit documents by locating and modifying text.
- format text.
- format paragraphs.
- add tables to a document.
- add graphic elements to a document.
- control a document's page setup and its overall appearance.
- proof documents to make them more accurate.
Windows XP (New Version) - Level 1
Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Document
- Explore the User Interface
- Open and View a Document
- Customize the Word Environment
- Obtain Help
- Enter Text
- Save a Document
- Preview and Print a Document
Lesson 2: Editing a Document
- Navigate and Select Text in a Document
- Insert, Delete, or Rearrange Text
- Undo Changes
- Search and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text
- Change Font Appearance
- Highlight Text
Lesson 4: Formatting Paragraphs
- Set Tabs to Align Text
- Control Paragraph Layout
- Add Borders and Shading
- Apply Styles
- Create Lists
- Manage Formatting
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
- Create a Table
- Modify the Table Structure
- Format a Table
- Convert Text to a Table or Tables to Text
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Add Visual Effects Using Symbols and Special Characters
- Insert Illustrations
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
- Control Page Layout
- Apply a Page Border and Color
- Add Watermarks
- Add Headers and Footers
Lesson 8: Proofing a Document
- Check Spelling, Grammar and Word Count
- Enhance Textual Meaning Using the Thesaurus
- Customize AutoCorrect Options
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses