This highly interactive workshop will give you the opportunity to take time out and reflect on what constitutes success for you, and to start to plan how you will achieve your goals. You will gain greater understanding of your own personal motivations and how this drives your behaviour, and in turn how this can be perceived by others. Time will be spent exploring the factors which lead to career success in the competitive working environment. You will learn tools and techniques for raising your profile to those who matter; for developing powerful networks and for building and maintaining confidence and self-belief.
You will be encouraged to consider this as an ongoing process, not just as a one-off event, and to take the time to reflect on these matters on a regular basis throughout your career.
Is it right for me?
This workshop is for any woman who would like to develop and progress their management career, especially those from male-dominated industries.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify different leadership styles, and the strengths each can bring.
- Understand what is most important to you in the context of your life and career, and what constitutes career success.
- Assess what drives your behaviour, your preferred communication style and the impact this can have on others.
- Appreciate the factors which affect career success, and the importance of image and exposure.
- Build the image you would like to project and how you plan to do this.
- Understand what you can do to increase your exposure to the right people.
- Appreciate how you can develop your network for career development and support.
- Leave with an action plan of the practical steps you will take towards your career goals.
What will it cover?
- How men and women operate at work
- Different leadership styles
- Strengths of each
- Our values in the career context
- Definitions of success
Strength Deployment Inventory ®:
- Self-assessment tool – what drives our behaviour?
- How do we like to communicate?
- What happens when we are under pressure?
- How could we be perceived by others?
Projecting the Right Image:
- The importance of image and exposure
- How to project a consistent image which is right for you
- Managing organisational politics
- Tools and tips for raising your profile
Developing your Network:
- Stakeholder mapping
- Managing and maintaining your network
Confidence and Self-belief:
- Tips and techniques for building and maintaining confidence
- Awareness of personal strengths
- What will I do differently going forward?
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses