- Duration 1 Day
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
In this course, students will familiarize themselves with the basics of personal computers, customize Windows Vista, and manage file and folders. They will also work with simple tools and browse the Internet.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the basic components and capabilities of personal computers.
- explore Windows Vista.
- customize the Windows Vista desktop.
- use common tools and programs available in Windows Vista.
- manage folders and files.
- browse the Internet using Internet Explorer 7.0.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Personal Computers
- Personal Computer Basics
- Personal Computer Hardware
- Personal Computer Functionality
Lesson 2: Exploring Windows Vista
- Log On to Windows Vista
- Explore the Desktop
- Manipulate Open Windows
- Use Help And Support
- Turn Off the Personal Computer
Lesson 3: Customizing the Windows Vista Desktop
- Customize the Start Menu
- Customize the Taskbar
- Personalize the Desktop
- Set a Screen Saver
- Configure the Sidebar
Lesson 4: Using Common Tools and Programs in Vista
- Create a Document in WordPad
- Format a Document in WordPad
- Work with the Calculator
- Customize a Graphic with the Paint Tool
Lesson 5: Managing Folders and Files
- Navigate Folders with Windows Explorer
- Work with Folders and Files
- Organize Files and Folders
- Search for Folders and Files
- Use the Advanced Search Options
- Burn Data on Storage Media
Lesson 6: Browsing the Internet
- Become Familiar with the Internet
- Browse Websites with Internet Explorer 7.0
- Download and Install a Gadget
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses