- This course is intended for novice information workers who want to learn beginning-level Windows 7 skills.
At Course completion
After completing this course, students will understand basic account and networking concepts and know how to perform basic Windows 7 tasks. Specifically, they will be able to:
- Log on to Windows 7.
- Explore the desktop.
- Use the Start menu.
- Use the Windows Taskbar.
- Explore Control Panel.
- Find information about their computer system.
- Update Windows system files.
- End a computing session.
- Understand user accounts and permissions.
- Create a user account.
- Manage a user account.
- Limit computer access.
- Disable or delete a user account.
- Connect to a network.
- Create a homegroup.
- Work with a homegroup.
- Share files on their network.
- Manage a network connection.
- Work with windows.
- Understand files, folders, and libraries.
- Find their way around their computer.
- Connect to network resources.
- Find specific information.
- View folders and files in different ways.
- Work with folder and file properties.
- Create and rename folders and files.
- Move and copy folders and files.
- Delete and recover folders and files.
- Create shortcuts.