- Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course is designed to enable you to acquire the skills necessary to prepare for installing and leveraging the new functions of IBM i 7.2 on POWER7 and POWER8 hardware.
The emphasis is on the hardware and software components introduced in 2014 announcements of POWER8 hardware and V7R2.
This basic course is intended for existing IBM i administrators, users, and support personnel.
You should have the following recommended skills:
- Basic understanding of Power Systems with IBM i architecture.
- Basic understanding of the support available in a current release of IBM i.
- Unit 1 - IBM i 7.2 overview
- Unit 2 - POWER8 upgrade planning
- Unit 3 - Upgrading to IBM i 7.2
- Unit 4 - Technical refresh updates (1 of 3)
- Unit 5 - Technical refresh updates (2 of 3)
- Unit 6 - Technical refresh updates (3 of 3)
- Unit 7 - Single root I/O virtualization
- Unit 8 - DB2 for i enhancements in 7.2
- Unit 9 - PowerHA enhancements
- Exercise 1 - Create an IASP
- Exercise 2 - Delete an IASP
- Unit 10 - PowerVP: Virtualization Performance Intelligence
- Unit 11 - Systems management
- Exercise 3 - Configure 5250 Session using IBM Client Access Solutions
- Exercises 4 - Configuring 5250 HMC Interface using IBM Client Access Solutions
- Unit 12 - Application development and mobile enhancements
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses