- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This instructor-led course teaches students the skills needed to install and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V8. As the latest release of WebSphere Application Server, Version 8 offers users enhanced support for standards, emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
In this course, students learn how to install, configure, and maintain IBM WebSphere Application Server V8 base and Network Deployment (ND), and to deploy enterprise Java applications in a single machine or clustered configuration. In addition, students learn how to work with features new to WebSphere Application Server V8, such as IBM Installation Manager, WebSphere Customization Toolbox, administrative console extensions, security enhancements, and the centralized installation manager. Optional units cover topics such as centralized installation, auditing, and customizing Information Center content.
Throughout the course, hands-on exercises and demonstrations reinforce lecture content. Students gain practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V8 by performing tasks such as installing and assembling applications, using properties file-based configuration, applying problem determination techniques, and working with fine-grained administrative security.
This course is designed for administrators who install, configure, and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web administrators, lead application developers, and application architects can also benefit from this course.
- Relate WebSphere Application Server to the WebSphere family of products
- Describe the features and standards in WebSphere Application Server V8
- Describe the architectural concepts related to WebSphere Application Server
- Install and configure WebSphere Application Server V8
- Explain the basic concepts of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) 6
- Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
- Use WebSphere administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications
- Use the wsadmin scripting library
- Configure WebSphere Application Server security
- Deploy applications in clustered environments
- View performance information about server and application components
- Use problem determination tools and log files to troubleshoot problems
- Configure messaging with the service integration bus
You should have:
- An understanding of basic Internet concepts
- Experience using a web browser
- Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic operational skills for the Windows XP Professional operating system
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses