Server side Web programming. Topics include: introduction to ASP.Net, multipage Web application, ASP.Net debugging tools, server and validation controls, Database controls, state management, site navigation, user authentication and authorization,
CSC 123 & CSC 226. Co-requisite CSC 361.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Write Web applications using Microsoft Visual Studio. [ABET c, i]
- Develop a multipage Web application. [ABET c]
- Test and debug an ASP.Net Web application using Visual Studio. [ABET c, i]
- Use server and validation controls. [ABET c]
- Bind database controls to SQL server database. [ABET c, i]
- Manage state. [ABET b, c]
- Write XML files to assist navigation controls. [ABET c, i]
- Secure a Web site, and authenticate/authorize users. [ABET c]
- Work effectively within a team. [ABET d]
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses