- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
This hands-on training course explores new features in future versions of VMware vCenter Server and ESX™/ESXi, as well as how to upgrade.
System architects, system administrators, IT managers, and individuals responsible for implementing and managing VMware Infrastructure architectures.
At the end of the course, you should possess knowledge and skills for the following:
- Upgrading VMware deployments
- Deploying distributed virtual switches to simplify datacenter-wide network management
- Using VMDirectPath to assign a PCI adapter directly to a virtual machine
- Migrating virtual machines’ storage while they are live with Storage vMotion
- Growing virtual disks and VMFS volumes while they are live
- Employing VMware’s new Pluggable Storage Architecture
- Ensuring application availability with VMware Fault Tolerance
- Manage more than one vCenter Server from the same client
- Use the new host profiles feature to keep hosts uniformly configured
- Save energy with VMware Distributed Power Management
- Save disk space with thin provisioning
- Administer virtual appliances consisting of more than one virtual machine
Module 1: Introducing the Next Generation of VI
- Highlights Next Generation enhancements by component and reviews upgrade tools and strategies.
Module 2: Infrastructure Administration
- Presents new features that support better infrastructure monitoring and reduce the time it takes to provision ESX/ESXi hosts and virtual machines.
Module 3: Networking
- Discusses networking enhancements that simplify configuration, extend support, and improve performance.
Module 4: Storage
- Introduces new storage features that reduce storage costs, streamline management, and optimize performance.
Module 5: Resource Management
- Reviews vMotion™ compatibility enhancements, new VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler monitoring and management tools, and extended VMware DPM support.
Module 6: Business Continuity
- Presents VMware High Availability enhancements and introduces VMware Fault Tolerance and vStorage APIs for data recovery.
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses