This hands-on training course explores the foundations of designing VMware Infrastructure architectures.
- System architects, system administrators, IT managers, and individuals responsible for designing VMware Infrastructure architectures.
At the end of the course, you should understand the principles involved in designing VMware Infrastructure architectures:
- Implementing best practices and evaluating design considerations to meet business needs
- Distributing resources across ESX clusters automatically and ensuring high availability
- Architecting remote and branch offices
- Designing to support certain enterprise applications
Module 1: Introduction
- Fundamental design principles
Module 2: Designing for Manageability
- Designing for lower cost of administration
Module 3: Designing for Availability
- Fault-tolerant, resilient, and highly available architectures
Module 4: Designing for Scalability
- Trade-offs between scaling up versus scaling out resources
Module 5: Designing Based on Analytical Tools
- Designing templates based on inventory analysis
- Sizing a virtual infrastructure based on capacity analysis
Module 6: Designing for Remote and Branch Offices
- Centralized and distributed remote office architectures
- Making remote office information more available
Module 7: Designing for Microsoft SQL Server
- Design considerations for online transaction processing (OLTP) versus decision support systems (DSS)
- Deciding between VMFS, RDM, and a hybrid combination
Module 8: Designing for Microsoft Active Directory
- Designing virtual domain controllers to minimize management while maximizing performance
Module 9: Designing for Microsoft Exchange Server
- Including Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 server roles
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses