- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 3 Days
This Instructor led course is designed for design and support specialists with a working knowledge of voice and data who need the fundamentals of Voice over IP technologies.
Recommended as preparation for exam(s): 920-803 Technology Standards and Protocols for IP Telephony Solutions certification exam.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
This course is aimed at: Technicians and Engineers.
All delegates should have a working knowledge of: Voice Telecommunications and Internet Protocol (IP) Fundamentals.
What will I learn?
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Define the key infrastructure considerations to support the addition of VoIP traffic in a Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, and Wireless environments.
- Apply knowledge of how voice is sampled and converted into IP packets to determine the appropriate CODEC and packetization interval required to meet customer VoIP bandwidth requirements.
- Compare and contrast transport models, such as Voice over IP, Voice over Frame Relay, and Voice over AT.
- Describe standard voice quality measurement models, such as the Mean Opinion Score and the E-Model.
- Apply knowledge of the attributes of Real-Time Protocol to identify why it is ideal for handling packetized voice in an IP telephony environment.
- Compare the unique attributes of User Datagram Protocol and Transmission Control Protocol.
- Choose the appropriate CODEC given customer bandwidth and voice quality performance requirements.
- Determine bandwidth requirements based upon call volume and CODEC selection.
- Choose the appropriate method to implement Quality of Service given customer voice quality requirements.
What will it cover?
Major Components of the VoIP Network
- VoIP Network
- Local Area Network Infrastructure
- Wide Area Network Infrastructure
- Security Issues
- Analog to Digital Conversion
- Pulse Code Modulation
- Packet Switching
- Voice Packet
Transport and Session Layer Technologies
- Transmission Models
- Transport and Session Layer Internet Protocols
- CODEC Selection
- Common Models for Voice Quality
- Bandwidth Overview
- Calculating bandwidth without Layer 2
- Layer 2 Data Link Overhead
- Calculating bandwidth with Layer 2
- Calculating Effective bandwidth with Voice Activity Detection
Quality of Service
- Methods to Achieve Quality of Service
- Ethernet 802 Standards
- Queuing Mechanisms
- A layered approach
Traffic Convergence Issues
- Low Speed WAN Connection Issues
- Common Ethernet Network Issues for LAN Environment
- Describing WLAN Security Standards
VoIP Standardization and Signalling Protocols
- H.323 Overview
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Comparing H.323 and SIP
- Interworking H.323 and SIP
- Other Signalling Protocols
- Readiness Audit
- Network Diagram
- Link Types and Speeds
- Power and Wiring
- Quality of Service
- Packet Loss and delay
- Protocol Considerations Course Prerequisites
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses