- Locations: Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
- Duration: 1 Day
This course shows you how to follow best practices for secure design, deployment, and operation of a VMware vSphere™ environment. Through lecture, discussion, and hands-on practice, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the security and compliance goals of your organization.
System administrators, systems engineers, and consultants responsible for securing a vSphere installation.
- Identify vulnerabilities in the current design of a vSphere environment and recommend corrective actions
- Harden vSphere components as described in vSphere Hardening Guide
- Recommend configuration and change management policies, processes, and systems.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Online resources for security and compliance
Module 2: Security in a Virtual Environment
- Review of information security and risk management concepts
- How virtualization affects security and compliance
- Top vulnerabilities in a virtual environment
- Basic guidelines for securing a virtual environment
- Security tools and technologies
Module 3: Secure Virtual Networking
- Network security architecture
- Network segmentation and traffic isolation
- Secure virtual network configuration
- Traffic isolation with private VLANs
Module 4: Protecting the Management Environment
- vCenter Server authentication, authorization, and accountingWorking with SSL certificates
- Hardening the vCenter Server system
Module 5: Protecting VMware ESX/ESXi Host Systems
- ESX and ESXi security architecture
- Controlling access to storage
- Hardening ESX and ESXi hosts.
Module 6: Hardening Virtual Machines
- Virtual machine security architecture
- Configuring security parameters
Module 7: Configuration and Change Management
- Configuration and change management goals and guidelines
- Maintaining the proper configuration of vSphere components
- Monitoring logs for security-related events
- Configuration and change management tools and technologies
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses